Honored Contributor

Re: What is your best organizational tool?

My iPhone! It keeps my life neat & organized and everything is within easy reach. 

Honored Contributor

Plain old pen and paper. 

I can make lists, jot notes, record my monthly budget, write reminders to put on the kitchen counter at night, so I don't forget and appointment in the morning, leave notes for someone not at home when I am etc.

Don't use any electronic device as a calendar or notepad. I'd be afraid the thing would fail, and then I'd be lost. My note pad is always where I keep it, and I don't worry about how it will function. Calendar is on the kitchen door.

Yep, I'm that old fashioned. I just can't see fixin' somethin' that ain't broke.

Valued Contributor

I keep a fat little spiral bound notebook near the phone and computer. I jot down passwords, phone numbers, appointments, something interesting I heard on tv, etc. When it's full I stash it away and start a new one. I can't tell you how many times I've looked back through those notebooks!

Respected Contributor

whether I am keeping track of rental properties, financial info, health issues, charitable tax deductions, travel info/ receipts, etc, I use binders with tabs and an plastic-covered Index in the front.  For expenses for rental properties, I use identifying folders for each type of expense/ property and store them in a plastic hanging file with a plastic-covered Index ( these large hanging files are stored in a metal, fire-proof cabinet).

It may sound like a lot of work to keep current but actually the set up took time, esp. sorting through and chronologically filing info.  The weekly or monthly filing is quick: really easy for DH to find stuff when preparing taxes or researching problems that come up.

Like another poster, I don't use electronic devices for calendars:  dead battery or system failures can create nightmare situations.

One calendar is all I can handle:  one for our personal stuff and one for doing DH's office payroll for ongoing bills, special charges and various tax due dates.

Before snowbirding, I create all the payrolls and prepay certain bills.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

My calender on my phone and my chromebook. They connect with bluetooth so they keep themselves up to date.

Honored Contributor

Another iPhone user here. I use the reminders, notes, and iCal features for important reminders, dates, lists, etc.  As an over 50 person who used to make tons of things to do lists on paper, it took me awhile to break free and switch to my phone, but I love it. 

Respected Contributor

My iphone.  Best invention ever!

I do keep a grocery list in the kitchen.  If someone runs out of something or needs something,  they write it on the list. 

Respected Contributor

I am pretty much in agreement with you, @mominohoi!  

IMG_0005.jpg

Honored Contributor

Sticky notes to go to one of the calendars in two places and  a "building" grocery list on the side of the fridge

Respected Contributor

my wife is deffinentlly. im very unorganized. she is totally organized so she deals with organizing issues.