Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt Oh, you are so fortunate to have inherited Erma Bombeck's books. I am going to make a concerted effort to locate some of them. There aren't that many things I read that can actually make me laugh out loud, but her books did !!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Phones- we still use cordless phones like they show on 1990's TV shows.  I took the point from a paperclip and ran it through all the holes and indentations. Yuk to say the least.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt Who knew? Erma's books are on Amazon. That was easy. I'm going to send one to my Kindle. Yahoo !!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

Friend just sent this to me: About sums it up.

house work.jpg

Honored Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@Spurt Who knew? Erma's books are on Amazon. That was easy. I'm going to send one to my Kindle. Yahoo !!

@pattypeep

Happy Reading! 

images (1).jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

------------

You will laugh. I remember when Erma was a contributor in the early days of Good Morning America.  I was still in college but I read all of her books.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

I don't know if others do this, but I clean my dishwasher and washing machine.

Ummmm - don't you think they get clean when you wash dishes/clothes in them?

I like to prevent any soap buildup in the machine and hoses.  I take the top off the agitator and wipe the inside of that as well.  They sell products you can use in your machine in the grocery but you can use hot water and vinegar as well.  

Honored Contributor

I clean just about clean everything and don't think it's weird. lol

I keep things pretty minimal now, room carpeting is gone.  Never felt like it was totally clean.  Only bathroom throw rugs that get washed every few days.  And they get washed by themselves and a load of husbands work jeans are always the next load. 

Something always skeeves me out about what gets washed and then what gets washed next.....

But what's really weird is, I wear throwaway vinyl gloves for everything I clean. 

I wipe down the vacuum cleaner, I wear gloves.  Hold the cord while I vacuum, I wear a glove on my left hand. I load the dishwasher, I wear gloves.  I take the trash out, I wear gloves.  Take the barrels to the street, I wear gloves.  Lift the lid to the barrel to throw something away, gloves. 

Trash barrels...ugh.  Outside as much as inside.  And yes I wash mine. 

Clean the toilet, gloves for sure.  Scrub the shower tile, gloves.  Sort laundry, gloves.

There are just so many things I cringe when I see people doing with their bare hands.  Washing the car with bare hands....oy.

Respected Contributor

This may sound "weird".  DH has a portable tank he fills with compressed air.  Every few months I bring it upstairs and use it on the television.  I aim in into the speaker sections and in the vents on the back of the TV to try and get the dust blown out.

I also get up on a ladder and remove the glass covers from the semi mounted light fixtures in our hallway.  Wash them and clean the light bulbs.  Don't know how much longer I can do this unassisted, its a real balancing act to get them removed and back on.

OK, then there is the toilet tank.  I have to use a mini shop back for that.  We get a lot of manganese build up from our well.

Respected Contributor

lol, I clean everything and I clean every day...weird??? let me think.... nope, can't think of anything weitd