Esteemed Contributor

We Can Now Notify Someone That We Have Mentioned Them in a Post

This feature has not been working, but I read that it is now supposed to be working for everyone all the time. 

I think it could come in handy when things get really active, like this forum got earlier in the month because of CIJ, or when you have been away for a while and are trying to catch up. 

dooBdoo created a thread, which explains in a very easy to understand way, how to use the Mention/@ feature.  I just saw her thread, and I am sharing what she wrote, along with the link to her original thread.   

I don't know if I will be using it every time or just when I think my reply to someone will get quickly buried. 

When someone mentions you, it will now show up in the Notifications box, along with any hearts you have been given.  The notifications box is in the upper-right of the page, next to your username. 

HTH

From @dooBdoo:

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/quot-quot-Nickname-Now-Triggers-Notifications/m-p/1994088...

When we type the "@" a menu pops up and we can click on the poster name we want to mention.  The menu offers the names of those who already are posting on the thread, but we also can begin typing other nicknames and we'll see a different list of choices.

Just click/tap on the name and it will be added after the "@" sign.

This will generate a "Notification" (and usually a pop-up) to let the person know someone mentioned their name.  

Then, they can go to their "Notifications," click on the listed thread, and go directly to that particular post.

So many of us are struggling to find a simpler way to navigate to threads we were posting on or even do a "shout out" to another poster, and this feature is a great help in that respect.

Thanks, @QVC Community Team and @Keyai-QVC, for getting this feature up and running!

Trusted Contributor

Re: We Can Now Notify Someone That We Have Mentioned Them in a Post

Thanks for this SHOPR.  Finally figured it all out.  It does help in navigating around this crazy set up.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR, Thanks for sharing this with everyone -- you're so thoughtful.

It's a great feature and the more everyone tries it out I think they'll find more benefits. 

I especially like the fact that we can do a "shout out" to a fellow poster and they'll find it the next time they're logged in.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Thanks to you @dooBdoo, for all of your help since the new boards started.  Also, thanks to @SHOPR, for sharing your post here.  I so appreciate all the help I get from fellow posters.

Honored Contributor

You're welcome, @lucymo!  That's so sweet!  We have so many helpful posters and I've done my best to pass along what I've learned from them.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova