Honored Contributor

Re: Water levels on new washers - UGG!

OP, I feel its only you, the consumer, that feels that in order to get clothes clean you need oodles of water! Come to find out the new washers use very little water because thats all you need! I have never changed my washing habits from my old washer to my new HE washer. I never only wash half a load. I throw everything in, like always, and my wash comes out clean, fresh and smelling great! Perhaps its the brand of washer you bought the reason you are having such problems.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

OP, I feel its only you, the consumer, that feels that in order to get clothes clean you need oodles of water! Come to find out the new washers use very little water because thats all you need! I have never changed my washing habits from my old washer to my new HE washer. I never only wash half a load. I throw everything in, like always, and my wash comes out clean, fresh and smelling great! Perhaps its the brand of washer you bought the reason you are having such problems.

I was told by a repairman, the he washers are not good.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

When I got to FL this January, the washer needed to be replaced.  Some of you may have read my posts about my frustrations from the awful noise ( I got used to it ), the length of a cycle, etc.

As one poster already suggested, you can set the machine to the heaviest load ( e.g., sheets ).  If you are impatient or just need to hurry things up, you can dump in a bucket of water.  

I have ways around everything but the LockOut !!!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

After reading this, I hope we don't have to replace our washer.

Respected Contributor

you guys just need to be patient with your new he top loader. they do clean very well with alittle water. there dedigned that way.and using the bulkey cycle for regular clothes only bottom of tub clothes gets agitated and top  clothes dont move allmost at all.i have a maytag top load he and i felt the same way until i got use to it.and refer back to the book exsplaining use of your new machine. it helped me out alot and good luck to you all/

Esteemed Contributor

I think Speed Queen is the only manufacturer that still allows you to,set your own water level.  All the other manufacturers now have these load sensing machines that decide,for you how much water to put in.  It is never enough and I HATE IT.

Honored Contributor

I have the low water machine too and hate it....I have looked in during a wash and some of the clothes are not even entirely covered with water.I figure these new machines don't clean but instead even out the dirt.my son bought a low cost older style machine and his does a great job that makes me jealous.Oh and these new machines don't empty properly so you have to leave the door open so they don't get a moldy smell.

Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I have heard,or read that speed queen is the only one that is good.

I have a Speed Queen washer and a dryer. They're the BEST and DEFINITELY worth the money. They last a long time, and I NEVER had any problems with either of them. When you buy LOW quality, you typically have MANY problems.

Valued Contributor

When I bought my washer about 4 or 5 years ago I made sure to buy one on which I could set the water levels.  It's a GE. The only thing I don't like about it is it has one of those almost nonexistent agitators. I don't feel as though it get the clothes clean nor does it rinse well. Lesson learned. I'll never buy another w/o a full sized agitator.

Trusted Contributor

I have a Speed Queen washer and dryer and love them. I wouldn't buy any other brand. This is my second set.