Honored Contributor

Water levels on new washers - UGG!

I hate these water savers, even on super the tub is less than half full of water so you have to divide what would be a normal load into 2 loads. So where is the water savings?All this does is waste time and not really save any water.I also doubt the clothes are getting agitated enough in such a small amount of water.

My old washer - which was only 5 years old - filled the tub about 2/3 and had a 30 min soak cycle that I loved because the clothes got very clean. Now I have to do many more loads - there is no soak cycle to get things really clean and I haven't actually saved any water. 

It's a top loader with agitator. I want my old washer back.

Super Contributor

Re: Water levels on new washers - UGG!

I agree.  After buying my new washer a couple of years ago I was very discouraged after the first use.  The clothes were just being rubbed against each other in a very small amount of water (my machine has a glass top-it is not a front loader).  I decide to try it on the "bulky" setting.  On this setting the machine fills up with water and I have been using it like that ever since and am now very happy with the machine.

Esteemed Contributor

Buy one used one on CL. Many people offer delivery.

Valued Contributor

You can thank Congress.  Do you think any one of them has ever done a load of laundry?  Not many for sure.

https://cei.org/news-releases/federal-efficiency-rules-ruin-washing-machines

Esteemed Contributor

@racada wrote:

I agree.  After buying my new washer a couple of years ago I was very discouraged after the first use.  The clothes were just being rubbed against each other in a very small amount of water (my machine has a glass top-it is not a front loader).  I decide to try it on the "bulky" setting.  On this setting the machine fills up with water and I have been using it like that ever since and am now very happy with the machine.

Thanks for the good tip! I am going to try this before I kick my new washer to the curb! Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@racada wrote:

THANKS!!!!! for the great tip! 😄

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I hate these water savers, even on super the tub is less than half full of water so you have to divide what would be a normal load into 2 loads. So where is the water savings?All this does is waste time and not really save any water.I also doubt the clothes are getting agitated enough in such a small amount of water.

My old washer - which was only 5 years old - filled the tub about 2/3 and had a 30 min soak cycle that I loved because the clothes got very clean. Now I have to do many more loads - there is no soak cycle to get things really clean and I haven't actually saved any water. 

As do I.  The clothes are beat to death in a very small amount of water for much too long.  Finally it will fill, but not until things are beat up.  If you open the lid, there will be a little more water added, but not enough.  I want my old washer back too.  This is definitely not an improvement. DON'T FALL INTO THE TRAP OF BUYING THIS "NEW" INNOVATION.  IT'S AWFUL!! I OFTEN HAVE TO REWASH THINGS.

Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@151949 wrote:

As do I.  The clothes are beat to death in a very small amount of water for much too long.  Finally it will fill, but not until things are beat up.  If you open the lid, there will be a little more water added, but not enough.  I want my old washer back too.  This is definitely not an improvement. DON'T FALL INTO THE TRAP OF BUYING THIS "NEW" INNOVATION.  IT'S AWFUL!! I OFTEN HAVE TO REWASH THINGS.

Unfortunately water savers are a requirement on many things like washing machines.It can't be avoided unless you buy an old used one.

I really hate the water saver on the toilet - you have to flush it about 2 or 3 times to get everything to go down. Where is there any water savings in that!

Respected Contributor

I like my LG washer but hate the low flush toilets!

Honored Contributor

I have heard,or read that speed queen is the only one that is good.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.