Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know if there will be a Dennis Basso faux fur throw TSV this year? I just redid my family room and two of his throws were planned for the finishing touch. His faux fur products are outstanding and always at a good price point on special. Anyone have an inside scoop? Program schedule was no help.

Esteemed Contributor

Does any body know what Dennis will be up to?    LOL

Love mine - bought one few years ago price was $100

Then I gifted 4 couple years after that and - the price was $50......although it looked fluffy on TV - not as thick and lush as mine.

I was sorry to see the change; but those who were gifted didn't know the difference and still use them.  One pet dog claimed it as soon as it arrived - and would growl when her owner used the throw. 

2 funny

Honored Contributor

@fthunt lol  So many times when something has changed, those of us who never had the original just don't know the difference and what is is okay.

I know that if for some reason I decided to buy a Basso throw for my Florida condo, I'd probably be very happy to have less thickness rather than more as long as it looks and feels good.  Just can't imagine using any fur to replace the huge Indian shawl I use as a throw right now, but there's always tomorrow.

Using your same theory -  when a revival shows up on Broadway and a reviewer pans it because the original was better for him, I often don't care because I never saw the original.  When that's true, I search for a different review before I go for a different show.

Honored Contributor

His older throws do seem nicer, but the newer ones are less onerous to care for. It's a trade off. It really is unfortunate they can't offer more choices so customers decide which they prefer to own. I have seen some beautiful faux fur throws at Home Goods stores and the prices are very good. I haven't been in this year, so have no idea what they might have available, but in years past they offered very nice choices.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, for the FYI . Haven't tried DB   faux fur throws. I have several Pamela McCoy  from abt 10-15  yrs or so ago  from old ShopNBC- hers are amazing  but require dry cleanibg. I've seen some of hers on eBay . My Home Goods were very low on inventory abt a 1-2  months ago .

Trusted Contributor

@Frantic49    H224400  will be coming up soon. $50 so not very beefy.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wassup Dennis

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

His older throws do seem nicer, but the newer ones are less onerous to care for. It's a trade off. It really is unfortunate they can't offer more choices so customers decide which they prefer to own. I have seen some beautiful faux fur throws at Home Goods stores and the prices are very good. I haven't been in this year, so have no idea what they might have available, but in years past they offered very nice choices.

@stevieb 

Can't speak for all Home Goods, but went to the more upscale store with a friend last Saturday....and despite Co-Vid it looked like it was a week before Christmas it was so packed with shoppers .... the store was well stocked wtih all kinds of goodies, lots of Christmas stuff, furniture, decor, kitchenware etc...and people were buying....boy were they buying... the checkout line extended from the front and snaked around all the way to the back of the store....Everyone wore mask, they had someone spraying the carts with a disinfectant but no one was paying attention the directional arrows....We got out of there and moved on to Kirklands and Hobby Lobby where we had room to breath....

I think our local TV news crew was right...people have Co-Vid Fatigue and just wanted to get out and have a sense of "normalcy".........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt  I'm actually sort of sorry to hear that... First because I'm still laying low and will be for the foreseeable future... As much as I'd like to venture out and do a little holiday shopping, I'm just not feeling safe to do so, and I miss my ventures out to the local TJX stores... Believe it or not, other than Target for prescriptions and a couple of trips to Wallgeen's and Safeway, I haven't been in a retail environment since the latter part of last winter...

I'm also sorry to hear about the experience at your local Home Goods because I get it that we are all thoroughly fed up with this situation, but ignoring safety practices, as it sounds like folks were doing in that store, is a sure fire way to extend the problems... Believe me, I'm the last one to rant on this subject, there are enough of the virus obsessed around these parts as it is, but at some point, Home Goods should have limited the number of shoppers if the store was honestly that crowded... And this from a corporate entity that shuttered not only all their stores but their websites for months... I guess they're making up for lost time...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt  I'm actually sort of sorry to hear that... First because I'm still laying low and will be for the foreseeable future... As much as I'd like to venture out and do a little holiday shopping, I'm just not feeling safe to do so, and I miss my ventures out to the local TJX stores... Believe it or not, other than Target for prescriptions and a couple of trips to Wallgeen's and Safeway, I haven't been in a retail environment since the latter part of last winter...

I'm also sorry to hear about the experience at your local Home Goods because I get it that we are all thoroughly fed up with this situation, but ignoring safety practices, as it sounds like folks were doing in that store, is a sure fire way to extend the problems... Believe me, I'm the last one to rant on this subject, there are enough of the virus obsessed around these parts as it is, but at some point, Home Goods should have limited the number of shoppers if the store was honestly that crowded... And this from a corporate entity that shuttered not only all their stores but their websites for months... I guess they're making up for lost time...

@stevieb  

Maybe its just our city....or this shopping center which is  very popular....

This Home Goods store is always a favorite of shoppers  but I never seen it like this....it was crazy, I promise I'm not exaggerating....My friend found a very nice Christmas mat for her front door and a rug for her kitchen but she said "forget this!" What I should have done is call the Co-Vid "Hotline" to report the violations..... didnt think of it at the time...

Some retailers "get it" ---Hobby Lobby & Kirklands had a small manageable number of people in the store and everybody was spread out looking in different areas of the stores, wearing masks, plexiglass at registers etc...Bath & Body Works limits and counts the number of people in the store at a time....Ive also been to Walgreens & Petsmart. These are the only places Ive been to since March (manageable and felt safe) ---I limit my "excursions" to once a month....But no more Home Goods for me.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb I went to our Home Goods store a few weeks ago.  They had someone stationed outside counting the number of people who went in.  I don't know what their numbers were but it was so easy to shop with limited amount of people there.  There were arrows and for the most part people were abiding by them.