Valued Contributor
On 1/22/2015 PeterDM said: I almost purchased the Hobnail goblets, but she said that the lights inside only got 40 hours of glow time. Since they're on a 5 hour timer, so that means you'd have to change the batteries every 8 days! Really?

I heard the same thing, 40 hours per tealight, 8 days on the 5 hr. timer. Ouch!

Honored Contributor

As far as the Illuminated Holiday Scenes Under Glass, wouldn't she bring them back in the Fall, if at all?

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/22/2015 PeterDM said: Something else that I'm curious about is why she calls this hobnail. The only hobnail pattern that I've seen is with round bumps on the outside of the glass. This pattern looks honeycomb and looks like indentations rather than raised bumps.

I wondered about that, too. The pattern looks like a variation of the hammered hurricane and the diamond pattern pillars from her line. They are pretty, but the tealights could use some improvement.

Trusted Contributor

I decided to purchase the goblets in Silver. I have a new cabinet in my Living Room that I purchased just before Xmas, so I have room for something(s) new. I'm not too concerned about the battery of the tea lights as I have some spare, rechargeable Luminara votives that I can put in them if the tea lights that come with it don't have a good battery life. I do think, however, that Valerie misspoke, and that she meant to say 40 DAYS of glow time. It would be difficult to believe that a tiny light that takes 3 AAA batteries would only get 8 days of battery life. Her crackle spheres take 3 AAA batteries and lasted at least 3 months. Only time will tell, so I'll update once I test them out.

Trusted Contributor

FYI, I received the "Hobnail" Goblets today. They are very pretty, except they were missing the tea lights. I called Customer Service, and they said it would be quicker to just return the entire set and ask for a new one instead of requesting the tea lights. They look great, though. It's a shame that QVC's quality control is always so poor.