Frequent Contributor

VPH combined shipping would be helpful!!

So I was going to order H202322, H202320 and H202321. There is NO combined shipping! I wanted to add the eggs as well, but I didn't even look, because of the pricey shipping. For those 3 items, it would be $6.97 plus $5.72 plus $5.72! I don't usually complain about shipping costs, but gimme a break! This is just ridiculous! 3 items from the same vendor, from the same show, and you want me to pay an extra $18.41? I bought the apothecary jar and did not get my other items. This irks me, because if you offered a buy more and save option from Valerie today I would purchase more items. Q, you should rethink this and help us shop more with you!
Super Contributor

Re: VPH combined shipping would be helpful!!

I totally agree with you, knittybitty. The other network give shipping breaks if you purchase within goods for the home, for instance. There are no shipping breaks here.

Honored Contributor

I agree, but if you call your order into CS they will likely give the shipping discount as a courtesy. I know that irks me too, but it doesn't hurt to ask if you want the items.
Frequent Contributor

On 2/18/2014 Rosehill said:

I totally agree with you, knittybitty. The other network give shipping breaks if you purchase within goods for the home, for instance. There are no shipping breaks here.

I know! I buy crafting supplies from them, because I love the great combined shipping discounts. Any craft item purchased all day long is eligible for discounted shipping. I buy a lot more because of it!
Frequent Contributor

On 2/18/2014 Tissyanne said: I agree, but if you call your order into CS they will likely give the shipping discount as a courtesy. I know that irks me too, but it doesn't hurt to ask if you want the items.
Thanks, Tissyanne. It never occurred to me to call and ask. I am so used to ordering online. Thanks for the tip!
Esteemed Contributor

I agree that a combined S&H for same-category or same-branded items ordered together would be a HUGE incentive to order more!

Respected Contributor

I understand that QVC makes most of their profit from shipping and handling, but I don't understand why they can't offer some S&H breaks once in a while, especially considering they ship so slowly anyway. I agree with you that I would buy more from QVC if the S&H weren't so high because the prices here aren't discounted versus the marketplace and the products no longer are as unique as they once were. If QVC isn't careful, they will find people watching their channel for ideas and then buying the products elsewhere. Oh, wait, that's already what we do...LOL!

Frequent Contributor

On 2/18/2014 Marsha2003 said:

I understand that QVC makes most of their profit from shipping and handling, but I don't understand why they can't offer some S&H breaks once in a while, especially considering they ship so slowly anyway. I agree with you that I would buy more from QVC if the S&H weren't so high because the prices here aren't discounted versus the marketplace and the products no longer are as unique as they once were. If QVC isn't careful, they will find people watching their channel for ideas and then buying the products elsewhere. Oh, wait, that's already what we do...LOL!

LOL, yes that is what we do, Marsha!
Super Contributor

IMO, if all items are coming out of the same warehouse than there is NO reason to not combine shipping!

Respected Contributor

On 2/18/2014 snpets said:

IMO, if all items are coming out of the same warehouse than there is NO reason to not combine shipping!

I think that most of the larger items like wreaths and garlands are pre-packaged when they arrive from China. The pick system in the QVC warehouse grabs the item and ships it, probably with no human intervention. To pick several items and put them in a large box together would add the expense of labor plus another box, so QVC loses profit.

There's no way for QVC to measure how much revenue they are losing because buyers forgo an item as the result of the S&H costs, so they have no way to predict how a S&H discount of some kind and the resulting (hopefully) increased volume would affect their overall profits.

I hate expensive S&H, but from a business perspective, I can see QVC's dilemma.