Honored Contributor

Re: To the FL Mockingbird outside my home office window...

On 4/29/2014 denisemb said:
On 4/29/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I wish one would visit here.

Just remember....It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.

NOW I know why your screenname always sounded familiar but I couldn't place it! LOL Can I call you Scout for short?

Naw, I actually find him charming, and end up naming all the outdoor critters (except the snakes): Larry the lounge lizard (a big anole), Armie the armadillo...now I have to come up with an "M" name for Mr. Big Mouth Mockingbird. Hey! Maybe Mouth??

LOL...sure you can. A few other members do. Wink

Super Contributor

Thanks for the photo of this cutie, Denise. Being a born nature and animal lover, I would love to have him around my home. 8)

Valued Contributor

This made me smile, Denise-thanks!Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

Feline Fine: Picture was one I grabbed off the internet - not MY Mr. Big Mouth. They are cute!

Update: Mr. Big Mouth was quiet last night!! He either was thrown off by the new moon, tired himself out the last few nights, or got lucky. Wink He's outside chirping, singing, chortling and cooing as I type this morning. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I think he's in my neighbor's tree and I'm sure she doesn't find him nearly as charming as the tree is outside her bedroom window. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

I'm totally entertained by how many different "calls" he has.

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

Mocking birds will sing during any night near a full moon. We have some that I'd love to shoot some nights! But they are so beautiful and love to hear them during the day. We get serenaded often.