Super Contributor

Re: Tidy Cat Lightweight Litter

Too bad it's not good because I don't like to lift the heavy litters either. I do like the other poster and buy 2 14 pounders instead of a giant one. The corn litter I tried was the same way, like floaty sawdust, what a mess that was.
Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2014 adelle38 said:
On 1/16/2014 57babe said:

If you have a <em>long-haired</em> cat and/or a cat with short hair but has that <em>angora-like fur</em> on his belly...

BEWARE! LOL.

--- those lightweight litters cling like crazy to the cat's underbelly fur! BTDT!

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Glad I didn't try it..........have a super-size, extra-furry Maine Coon

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2014 akaburtonfan said: I tried the lightweight stuff and also found it way too dusty. I still have 1/2 a container that I won't use.

Save it for oil spills in your driveway/garage then. We use litter for ""soak ups"".

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

I too have been using the litter since I have multiple cats and have had trouble lifting other litter containers...was hoping it would solve the problem but will go back to what I was using since the lightweight Tidy Cat is so dusty it filters thru the entire house...also the odor control is lacking. Will keep hoping for a lightweight, clumping, non-tracking, odor reducing formula! Is that too much to wish for? I plan on telling the manufacturer about the problems with the lightweight formula...perhaps they can adjust the mixture.

Contributor

On 1/16/2014 susan kay said:

Thanks for the heads up. Why in the world would the company roll this out...just to have something new for customers?????

For Sphynx (hairless!) cats?

LOL.

I have Sphynx cats and, believe it or not.....the litter dust clings to their skin! I LOVE my nekkid babies! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

On 1/16/2014 whitelinen said: 57babe--yes!! I have a real mess going on thanks to this litter. Have 3 cats there is litter tracked everywhere. I wrote comment on TC's website. Have not received a response. I am wondering why they would roll out this product when it performs so poorly. Back to good old regular NO DUST TC.

I had a feeling that the dust was going to be an issue, but what kept me from trying it was the price.

Super Contributor

On 1/17/2014 kushii said:
On 1/16/2014 susan kay said:

Thanks for the heads up. Why in the world would the company roll this out...just to have something new for customers?????

For Sphynx (hairless!) cats?

LOL.

I have Sphynx cats and, believe it or not.....the litter dust clings to their skin! I LOVE my nekkid babies! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Contributor

Can anyone recommend a great clumping scoopable litter? I have two cats one long hair and the other short haired and for years have used Fresh Step Dual Action (scoopable with some crystals) ; they changed their packaging and apparently their formula because it seems much more dusty now and one of my cats sneezes after digging in it. Any one else use this and notice a change? Recommendations?

Super Contributor

Litter dust is a major concern of mine. Years ago I had a cat that died of Emphysema, before that I did not know that cats can be afflicted by that disease. So the litter I buy is called Respiratory Relief, it is very low dust and safer for the kitties. It is also heavy. We did try the light litter and agree that it is way too dusty, not good for the cats or the furniture.

Contributor

I like Cat's Pride unscented. It states it is lighter weight on it's package and I don't find it to be dusty. I don't know how it compares in weight to the tidy Cat but definitely lighter weight that regular clumping litter. Last new one they put out (Tidy Cat) I tried. I believe it was called breathe easy. It had such an off chemical odor my cats would not use it and they use anything. I emailed Tidy Cat about it but they just tried to tell me how to introduce new litter to cats. Well after 40 years of cats there is not much I don't know. I don't understand why more litter manufacturers don't understand cats do not like scent (that is for the humans) and we all hate dust!