Super Contributor
Beware! It may not weigh as much but its probably because its full of dust! Never using again-- my cat room is full of terrible particulate. All over the floor and walls!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Tidy Cat Lightweight Litter

Thank you whitelinen...I was debating whether to buy it or not. I really appreciate your input.

Jessa
Regular Contributor

If you have a long-haired cat and/or a cat with short hair but has that angora-like fur on his belly...

BEWARE! LOL.

--- those lightweight litters cling like crazy to the cat's underbelly fur! BTDT!

Super Contributor

57babe--yes!! I have a real mess going on thanks to this litter. Have 3 cats there is litter tracked everywhere. I wrote comment on TC's website. Have not received a response. I am wondering why they would roll out this product when it performs so poorly. Back to good old regular NO DUST TC.
Honored Contributor

I stood in the store yesterday, debating back and forth. I'm glad I picked up the regular scoopable.

Trusted Contributor

I tried the lightweight stuff and also found it way too dusty. I still have 1/2 a container that I won't use.
Super Contributor

I bought a Sam's size container before I tried it. Wanted to use it all but it's such as disastrous mess I'm going to put it in a bag and keep it in the car for winter.

I should have taken it back for a refund when I figured out it was going to be a problem. Kicking myself . . .

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the heads up. Why in the world would the company roll this out...just to have something new for customers?????

Super Contributor

Hello White Linen...

There will probably be a lot of people appreciative of your review. I've also seen it advertised...and was wondering how good it works. Now you and your poor kitty's have to go de-dust . Sounds like a mess. Hopefully Tidy Cat will get back to you. Why would they make such a horrible product ? Maybe they'll make good and send you a coupon for some other litter.

Super Contributor

I tried a container of it and hated it. Not only the dust, but it didn't clump, and became just a soggy mess very quickly. I have a litter robot as one of my cat boxes, and it's not been functioning right ever since. Could be coincidence, but I'll be very unhappy if that stuff wrecked my robot! It's the best thing since sliced bread!