Esteemed Contributor

The TSV looks like more wires than lights

It needs way more lights for the price.

Honored Contributor

Re: The TSV looks like more wires than lights

I have the same kind of lights that I got at TJ Maxx for $12! So the TSV is probably a pretty good price for 3. I've seen them at Michaels and several other stores. They seem to be popular now.

Well, they look like nothing but wire in the picture but in person they are really pretty!

I love mine because they are these tiny beautiful lights that look like fireflys or just little lights in the air-"fairy lights" are a good way to describe them. They really have a presence that is pretty and surprising. You don't expect all that when you look at this wire rolled up.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I bought something similar from Terrain last Christmas. They had a choice of silver, bronze, clear, or green wire which makes more sense than just green. I paid much more than the QVC TSV price.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

It's really not a bad deal. I bought some from HSN about a month ago, just about the same thing.

Respected Contributor

They're also at Hobby Lobby.  I saw them last week when I was browsing the store.  Hobby Lobby has all their Fall and Christmas stock up and displayed.  I wasn't looking specifically for the lights, so I didn't pay attention to the price.  But, they had a general Christmas and Fall sale of 40% to 50% off.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

What I want to know is if the lights bought at other retailers have timers. I won't buy any items with lights anymore that do not have timers. I did see some of these lights last week at TJ Maxx, but I did not check them out as far as price or timers go. It was really busy in there and I was getting shoved along by some exuberant shoppers. I moved on then forgot to go back and check them out. Now my knee has gone out so I'm not likely to go hobbling back in there if they're not a sure bet. HA!!!!!

Thanks in advance for any info! 

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped I bought two 5' sets on sale last year at Pier One.  They had timers but one was defective - each day it would turn on 30-45 minutes later than the day before.  I returned it but the saleslady was strange - she downplayed the problem and explained how she personally doesn't like using the timer, that for her it was a disadvantage.  I wasn't convinced (!) and she sadly accepted the return.

Q's price of $20 for three 6' strands, including S&H, seems like a good deal, though my limited experience with Bethlehem Lights isn't great.

Respected Contributor

I have purchased several micro lights from various vendors & have found most of them have a poor battery life.  The TSV says 42 days of battery life.  VPH had these last year & hers were the best at lasting longer.  Pier 1 had the worst; only about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks.  I like the compact size of the battery box on the TSV as opposed to the ones I have that are quite bulky.  

Respected Contributor

I bought these on Amazon last year. Yes it seems like a lot of wire but they are VERY bright. They have a timer and the battery life was excellent.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IUD0PKO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr, thanks very much for the reply. Heck, with my knee issues, I should just order the QVC ones and be done with it. In my case, the "convenience" part of the Q is truly an advantage.

And not to get off topic here, but can I just say, every gal I've come across in my Pier 1 store is a bit strange. Really. I've definitely noticed it. But, that store has the absolute best music ever! Sometimes I hang around in there just to groove on it. LOL!!! 

Thanks again,

pup