Honored Contributor

The Lakeside Collection catalog

[ Edited ]

I just received this catalog for the first time yesterday.  What a delight, I ended up with several dog-eared pages for future purchase consideration.  They specialize in items that no one else carries, for home, kitchen and clothing.  If you have people that are impossible to buy for, check out their website. For example, a folder for listing funeral plans and financial directives is titled "I"m Dead, now what?"    

Respected Contributor

Re: The Lakeside Collection catalog

Alert! I believe the Lakeside Collection is now owned by Amerimark/Anthony Richards, a company with some questionable practices, although they have great flannel pajamas. A/AR is buying up catalogs with 55+ age group customers, which business-wise is a smart thing to do. However, they have a history of manipulating customers into unwanted health care and future discounts programs. See their BBB ratings.

Last month I tried to place an online order but stopped when I was incorrectly charged sales tax. That made me have to call in the order, giving the company the chance to doubletalk me about their discounts. I hung up.

No reflection at all on their products, but buyer beware.

Esteemed Contributor

@PickyPicky3 thanks for the heads up.

Not familiar at all with this company but reviews are pretty bad.

If they target 55 and older, I wonder if they buy info from AARP, etc?

Respected Contributor

@Snowpuppy  To me, Amerimark is a legitimate, successful retailer of longstanding with a pathetic underbelly of greed and lack of respect for its customers. I believe they would be MORE successful and profitable if they would just cut out the c**p. In my many years of work I always observed that business style and ethics come from the top down.

Kudos to their buyers for securing interesting offerings at fair prices, but during this pandemic I want no part of their games.

Regular Contributor

Interesting conversation.  I've seen the catalog in the past, but never ordered yet.  But what was mentioned above made me go look at the BBB site.  I noticed while there that many people were complaining they found out that were being charged for a subscription service/Perks program of $14.95 per MONTH, but that they claim they never signed up for?  I want no part of a company that does that.  If I deal with a retail site, I want only the products I purchase, nothing more. Sounds shady to me! 

Honored Contributor

I ordered from them in the past and never had any issues with them.  I just received a large Christmas catalog and was going to order again.  Their practices may have changed since I last ordered, but as I said, I never had any problems with them before.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin