Honored Contributor

The Dynatrap TSV from June 14th...

Besides what has been mentioned during the presentations of what this product should 'trap' (moths, wasps, hornets, mosquitos, flies and stink bugs)...it should also 'trap' chiggers because they are also attracted to carbon dioxide. I can only pray that it does!!!

Have Mercy! With all the rain we have had here this Spring, the mosquitos, flies  and chiggers are eating us alive. I went outside today to work in the garden and got 1 fly bite, 7 mosquito bites and 10 chigger bites...

I had nearly taken a bath in the Deep Woods Off...spraying myself in the garage before treking outside too.

I can't wait til we get ours so I can start using it immediately!!!

And for those that don't know and may be worried, no 'good' bugs will be harmed by this product...like butterflies, and bees Smiley Wink

Spoiler
Spoiler

Trusted Contributor

Re: The Dynatrap TSV from June 14th...

I sure hope it works good for you,I have never seen a chigger,we do not get many skeeters either.

Honored Contributor

@spud188 wrote:

I sure hope it works good for you,I have never seen a chigger,we do not get many skeeters either.

Chiggers are TINY...much smaller than a gnat and do lots more damage to the skin. You can't see them around you either, like a fly or a mosquito.

Chiggers bites are also intensely itchy after they bite...to me, 10 times more itchy than a mosquito bite! The bite areas take a long time to heal too...at least 7-10 days for me before I see improvement. I usually have to take Zyrtec and use creams like Gold Bond anti-itch to even get a little relief Smiley Sad

HERE is a link for more info on the bug for those interested

Esteemed Contributor

My trap is on the UPS truck - due any minute!  Yea     I got hit with a swam of "M" (about 25) when I let the dog out yesterday afternoon.....here in the Northeast.  Eat you alive if they get the chnce and my neighbor is looking forward to my trap too!  LOL