Honored Contributor

Shades of yellow, gold, green and dark woods with lighter tone wood flooring.

What do you think of the colors and patterns?

Does it feel sunny, light and bright?

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono there isn’t a single piece in that entire room, not a single color that I don’t like, but, maybe ironic, but I do not like the room we see here.  

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@lolakimono there isn’t a single piece in that entire room, not a single color that I don’t like, but, maybe ironic, but I do not like the room we see here.  

@millieshops 

Interesting- what do you think the reason is?  

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful light filled room. I would change three things. The couch in front of window would go. The curtains are a no for me  and the picture behind the other couch. Otherwise a beautiful inviting room. 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono How about a much deeper green tending to very dark olive on the big sofa to ground the room?  And somewhere a bit of red - could be as small as a pillow or a vase.

That room is  decorated in colors I wear virtually all the time.  Right now I am wearing a dark olive fleece green top - with a scarf that is essentially red, dark olive and brown tucked around the neckline!

Esteemed Contributor

I do not care for anything in this room.  It does appear to be sunny, but there is a shadow by the sofa that keeps it from being as bright.  Maybe there is more window covering, because nothing can be seen outside of the windows.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono  I agree with @millieshops. Like the colors, but it ends there. There isn't one piece of furniture, with the exception of the chest with the lamp on it, rug, and maybe the two chairs, that I like and would use in different setting. Window coverings? No.

Even though it's a bright room, it just appears 'sad' to me. Everything looks like 'one level' (same height) with no visual interest. Even the painting isn't appealing. 

To me, it looks like the "Before" picture. That's JMHO of course. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a fan of yellows and light greens. I think the couch and chair look frumpy and old fashioned. I prefer dark colors, wood etc. I'm not a fan of the airy look. 

Regular Contributor

It is bright......but to retro for me. It looks very old like something

youd see in the 70's. It's a no on every level.

Honored Contributor

Sunny, maybe???  Not so sure about light and bright.  I don't like the window treatments and I feel some of the pillows are not quite right. Can you tell...this room makes me feel a little confused! LOL.