New Contributor

Hello Everyone,  I was going through some Youtube videos and found many demonstrations from a company named Stampin Up.  I am wondering if any of you have ever tried their products and how they measure up to companies like WRMK, Craftors Companions, and Hot off the Press.  their catalogue seems complete, but i wanted your opinions before i order anything.  I am interested in the Scoring pad, Envelope maker, and some of their ink pads.  Thanks for any information you can share....and I hope you are all having a loving Father's day.

Trusted Contributor

I used to go to some "card" parties that were put on by a Stampin Up rep.  She had little events at her house that included showing us how to make 10 cards using different techniques that she would demonstrate.

There was a minimal charge ($10 as I recall) and she provided all of the supplies plus drinks and a snack or dessert item.  We moved from table to table so each of us could complete 10 cards w/envelopes to take home.  It was a sales pitch too for different products but there was no pressure to buy.  I enjoyed the few hours spent having fun, learning some new techniques, getting to know some other people, and having a useful product to take home at the end.  

I found all of their products to be of a decent quality and their inks ands pens etc also lasted for a long time.  

New Contributor

Thank you so much for the information, especially about the demo parties.  I live in San Francisco and will look to see if they are offered out here.  Have a great day.

Frequent Contributor

I do the tile stamping that I learned from them so have used their inks and stamps only. Their ink seems to be better, more saturated with color does not dry out as quickly.  They offer some larger stamps that  I could not find any other places as well. Yes they are a bit more pricey. Happy crafting!

New Contributor

Thank you Keba58 for the info abut the stamppads, they do look very large on the youtube videos.  I may try some out, but i will wait until July craft day is over.

Contributor

I order from Stampin' Up 2-3 times per year. I do love theri ink pads, thery are approx. 4.25 in x 3.5 in Their wood and rubber stamps are expensive but many come in photopolymer, which are priced well. You can also get the rubber stamps unmounted, which is less expensive. I would compare prices on score boards and such things as you can usually get them cheaper on sale or on line. The quality of their stamps, inks and paper are up there with the best of them.