Trusted Contributor

I just wanted to post my UNPAID (thank you big "A") review of the Spear Head shovel:

Spear Head Gardening Shovel & Spade - M49714

I have been working in the yard all day and had to dig out a bunch of shrubs that have seen better days. I was lucky enough to get a pink shovel -love!

It made quick work of digging out these gnarly plants. I still had to dig down and cut roots away so it would break free, but I was able to take out seven + old shrubs and cut up some tough St. Augustine grass runners.

It is smaller than a regular shovel and it is much easier to manuever. It is a little pricy, but it is worth it to make a thankless job easier. Two thumbs up!

Honored Contributor

I've always thought that looked like a handy shovel.  Thanks for the review.

Esteemed Contributor

Mine came yesterday, I got the green one, it really feels good and sturdy and I like the size because I'm short so it's not going to be unweildy to use like the other shovels I have. Can't wait till the weather is better so I can have a go at some overgrown stuff that needs to come out. Happy to read you had an easy time of it getting done what you needed to! It gives me hope I'll be as successful as you were.

Respected Contributor

Re: Spear Head Shovel

[ Edited ]

@flickerbulb

Oh I love my spear head spade.  I saw it a few years back on the Q.  I usually always check on line to cost compare.

I went directly to the manufacturer's website and purchased not only the spade that Q presented, but also the one they make with a longer handle that the Q does not sell.  At the time, it was a small business, I may even have talked to the owner.  I got a good deal and shipping was included.

Before my spear head experience, it took me forever to dig a decent hole to plant or dig up an existing plant or shrub.  It is probably one of my top five purchases ever.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The best shovel I've ever used.  I've had it for two years now, and I love it.  I do my own gardening, but I hire a local landscaping crew to do heavy work in my urban back and front yards, and even the owner asked me where I got it when he saw it on my patio.  I've ordered quite a few gardening tools from QVC that I can't find locally, and I'm very happy with all of them.  I recently bought the weed gizmo, and I'm looking forward to using it -- weather permitting here -- possible snow for NYC this week.

Esteemed Contributor

It's on my wish list.  Thanks for the review(s).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@flickerbulb wrote:

I just wanted to post my UNPAID (thank you big "A") review of the Spear Head shovel:

Spear Head Gardening Shovel & Spade - M49714

I have been working in the yard all day and had to dig out a bunch of shrubs that have seen better days. I was lucky enough to get a pink shovel -love!

It made quick work of digging out these gnarly plants. I still had to dig down and cut roots away so it would break free, but I was able to take out seven + old shrubs and cut up some tough St. Augustine grass runners.

It is smaller than a regular shovel and it is much easier to manuever. It is a little pricy, but it is worth it to make a thankless job easier. Two thumbs up!

@flickerbulb  We already had similar shovels but not pointed, and after the description, I ordered two, and LOVE this shovel!  It is so much easier to use, especially for digging out enormous thorny weeds and for dividing heavily rooted plants.  I won't let DH use either of them because he always poo poos everything, but I told him that I need something for myself that makes my work in the garden easier.  He has more strength to shovel a shove further down into the ground, but now I can do it with this wonderful shovel. Smiley Happy

Contributor

I have had this shovel for two years.Wonderful product.My husband gave me a hard time about the price.But after using mine.He said its well worth what i paid for it.He used this to dig a water line last year.And grabs it when ever he needs to dig.I am 64 years old.I love to garden.and i use this shovel when ever i need to plant trees or dig up plants.