Honored Contributor

I bought a new sofa two years ago and love it.  It's a Sherrill, which is made in North Carolina.  I wanted one that was 8-way hand tied and knew Sherrill was an excellent brand.  I had a Sherrill sofa in the past that lasted for many years.  It was actually still in pretty good shape when I replaced it.  A reclining sofa would not be my choice.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Smith brothers,they are great  made in usa.And i agree,don't like those reclining sofas, i am looking also my sofa is 17 years old, i am going with smith brothers.

I have an almost 20 year old Smith Brothers sofa and chair in the family room, and they have really been 'abused'. Still look great, and the sofa is just now getting a little 'loose' in the seat. I hate to replace them, and probably won't for quite some time yet, as they still look like new and I love the style and fabric as much as the day I chose them.

I bought my mom a sofa from them,24 yrs.ago it is still in great shape so i am getting one for me.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Real, good quality leather is temperature-neutral.

@meem120 wrote:

Hate leather.  Its hot and sticky in summer and freezing in the winter.  I prefer fabric.  Also, I have found for us anyway, that a 2 cushion sofa is a problem.  People tend to sit right in the middle and subsequently it looks like the cushions have shrunk leaving a huge, uncomfortable gap. Time to replace it. 

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

I bought a new sofa two years ago and love it.  It's a Sherrill, which is made in North Carolina.  I wanted one that was 8-way hand tied and knew Sherrill was an excellent brand.  I had a Sherrill sofa in the past that lasted for many years.  It was actually still in pretty good shape when I replaced it.  A reclining sofa would not be my choice.

@NickNack I have had a Sherrill sofa and loveseat for about 30 years. It is still in great shape except for a cat scratching on the arms. Even though a slipcover is expensive, I think it will be worth it for me. 

Respected Contributor

I dont know software,  I paid $3600. for 2 beautiful, leather recliners.  We have to cover them in the summer and cover us in the winter  LOL. Im not buying temperature-neutral.