Esteemed Contributor

I am in the market for a new sofa/couch.  Seems the thing is to buy those recliner type sofas.  I might understand those for my den but not my living room.  Do you have them and are you happy with them in your home? 

I must be set on my ways because I still think a sofa looks nice. Many have the overstuffed leather sofas and they resemble the recliner styles and leather isn't for me. 

Your thoughts please. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

We have one in the family room. My mom says when they buy new furniture for the new house she will never buy one again. If is very heavy. They both have recliners in there so they also don't need the couch to have recliners.

Super Contributor

I am also thinking of replacing my sofa, and I prefer a more elegant style.  I've seen a few on line that do not look like recliner/sofas, and are available in fabric, but I need to find a store that carries them.  I live in the Chicago area, but many of the fabulous furniture stores  are not longer in business.  If you use the sofa, then something comfortable would be wonderful, but if you have a separate den, you may not want the reclining feature.  I guess it depends on your needs. 

Honored Contributor

I have a rocker recliner loveseat in my TV room which is comfortable and fits well in that small space.   I prefer a traditional cloth fabric sofa and loveseat in the living room along with my husbands recliner, since that is where he watches TV.  

Honored Contributor

La Z Boy

Super Contributor

I purchased a recliner sofa about four years ago and I hate it! Since my husband died, I find it impossible to move out to clean behind it and I never use the recliner feature. Neither does any visitor or family member. That thing must weight 300 pounds! Never again! I'm going to replace it with a new sofa as soon as the weather stabilizes! 

Honored Contributor

just finishing re-doing & updating our den. For that room, I selected recliner loveseats BUT now searching for my LR (which also doubles as my tv area).

This is what I'm liking (not sure of the stripes but do like) not wicker chair just 2 nice accent chairs 

IMG_6112.JPGOr first preference - I have recliner style couch now and do like at Laz-y-boy they have this recliner style.

IMG_6111.JPGMy house is a ongoing Project of Updating!!!😉

Esteemed Contributor

Those pictures are beautiful.

Honored Contributor

My sister has two beautiful Queen Anne style chairs that are upholstered in a gorgeous fabric (cocoa damask) that are recliners.

You'd never know they were recliners and they are extremely comfortable.

Maybe if you want a recliner or two along with a couch for the formal living room, you could go that route.

I don't like big puffy recliners in the LR or the den.  And the cup holders look like a movie theater seating.  I'm sure people love them, but it's not a look for me.

I just ordered a couch/chaise for a new house.  It was a little pricey, but I had several requirements that were a must.

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece

check out LazyBoy you'd never know it was a recliner couch & I have bad back - was surprised what good back support the couch had.  Perhaps it's because they are streamlined vs. overstuffed like bulky pieces I've seen.

One important thing for me is I want back pillows attached not pillow style.