Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I believe with HE washers the detergent should go in first.

What concerns me is the washer checks the amount of clothing in the tub. I am afraid I will add the detergent and have to wait a bit for water to fill the tub. And there will be a magic period of time to add the clothing before the washer locks on me. 

If it locks, I have on occasion unlocked the washer but I was a bit too long and then the washer cancels everything.

It feels like the washer is working against me 

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@drizzellla .................A couple of things popped to mind.

Do you use a liquid fabric softener?  The residue could be from that if you do.   No, I don't use fabric softener

Using to much laundry soap. You are right

A new washer that uses very low water amount. You are SO right. I have to wash every load in Deep Wash.

If its a low water washer try a setting that fills the tub.  I mostly use the "bulky setting" on my washer because it fills the tub with water.

Rinse the black pants putting vinegar in the rinse,  that should take care of any residue. I will give that a try. But what I also think contributes to the soap residue being stuck on the clothing, is that the washer spins the clothing so much. The clothing item is wrapped around different clothes and itself.It doesn't get "unwrapped" for the rinse cycle to "rinse".

Honored Contributor

@Steffdoggy10 wrote:
The newer machines use way less water than older machines. That's really the problem.

You are so right. It is a problem.

It is absurd that the "Normal" and "Casual" setting puts 6" of water into the tub. That is why I have to put the setting to "Deep Wash".

Honored Contributor

I've never had this problem with my HE washer.  I do use the extra rinse all the time, though.  And I use just HE detergent, the liquid kind, according to the lines on the cap.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Soap residue on clothes

[ Edited ]

@drizzellla ................Do you have the option of 2 rinse cycles?  If so try using that.  Also if you have a cycle that fills the tub try using that one.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@drizzellla ................Do you have the option of 2 rinse cycles?  If so try using that.  Also if you have a cycle that fills the tub try using that one.

Yes, I have that option and I always use two rinses because I have been dealing with this since I got the HE washing machine. And I had the setting on Deep Wash. If I were to use "Casual" or "Normal" it puts about 6" of water in the tub.

What I think might have happened, the washer does a spin the really wraps the clothes around one another. If you pull out a shirt there are 3 other shirts wrapped around it. I wonder if the pants were wrapped tight around other items and itself and never were loose enough to rinse.

I always make sure I don't overload. There were 5 t-shirts and one pair of pants in the load of wash. The pants were all wrapped around themselves and other t-shirts, when I took them out of the washer.

Respected Contributor

I didn't read all the answers but try washing the dark pants/clothes inside out.