Respected Contributor

So glad I read the reviews before ordering!

I was thinking of ordering the Xmas tree w lights that folds open by Lori Greneir- numerous complaints of some or all lights failing! And, it does not just fold open- you have to tie the panels together. Thank you QVC customers for sharing your experience, you saved me over $100!

Trusted Contributor

Re: So glad I read the reviews before ordering!

I thought $100 was too high in the first place so I didn't even read the reviews.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Trusted Contributor

Reading the reviews are important.  They have changed my mind - pro and con - many times.  

Frequent Contributor

I'm fairly new to online shopping, I had been buying from the q for quite awhile before I read or wrote a review I don't know why other than I didn't know how helpful they are.  Now I always read reviews, if it's something I think will sell out before I have a chance to read reviews I buy then read reviews and if the majority complain of the same issue I cancel my order.  I find reviews very helpful although there are many that aren't such as the ones that gave it 1 star because it didn't look good on them yet was pretty, fit well, and good quality, or the reviews that the packaging was damaged so even though it was very nice and they loved it they're only giving it 1 star and furious over package.  You know the ones I'm talking about.  I also don't find the ones that say "pretty, looks good" helpful. What I personally find helpful and try to relay is information on sizing, is color true to online or t.v., quality, how it washes, if I dried it and if it shrunk as so many write reviews before washing and to my amazement many actually wear before washing, does it bleed, pill, stretch, fade, short arms, torso, short/long rise, fell apart after wearing twice, seams coming out, measured and isn't as described, broke after using as directed, smelled bad even after airing out not "smells bad but I'm going to try to air it out"....how does that help me know if smell came out? These are the kinds of things I find helpful.  The reason why I no longer buy from evine live as there are only a few reviews because if you try to leave anything other than a 4 star review they won't post it so you have no idea if the item as any good or not, very frustrating and deceptive!  Once approx 2 yrs ago when I first started watching shopping tv the host actually raved "ladies this top has 32 reviews, 32!" You know when 32 reviews is something to brag about there's a problem! 

Honored Contributor

I always read the reviews.  The ladies here are great for telling how an item behaves or how well it cleans.

I always try to write detailed reviews because the reviews here are so good, especially if they give their height and weight for a comparison.

I have never sent clothing back because of fit.

Thanks to all of you!

Respected Contributor

I always read the reviews.  Some of the comments have helped to save me  money., especially when so many are the same.

Respected Contributor

Yes reading reviews is helpful. I don't always post positive or negative but I post details about the purchase to help others. This tree is pure junk. You must stake these into the ground outside because the first windstorm will knock it down. I received one as a gift and we had to move it inside. It fell apart anyways. Cheaply made. 

Super Contributor

It is also VERY HELPFUL when reviewing about sizing that the person states the size that they themselves normally wear, and how tall or short they are as to have something to compare it to with your own sizing.  I always appreciate that kind of information.

Or how a garment stands up after washing etc.  I have learned that I will no longer

review an item until I have used it , worn it or washed it first.  

Honored Contributor

I agree about the reviews. Now no matter what I'm looking at on line, not just here, I look for reviews. Granted at some areas you'll only hear the bad about some things. But heck, that should be as important as anything. Money is money after all.