Honored Contributor

Showerhead....what do you recommend?

I see the demonstration, read reviews and it frustrates me. I loved the one we had in our RV, and with aging, I think we need one for the house.

If you have one you love, what kind, where'd you get it? Thanks!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Showerhead....what do you recommend?

We have a Waterpik Hand Held 6 mode.

I would be devastated ( well, I exaggerate) if anything happened to it so I do have a back-up stored away in the closet.

Valued Contributor

I am on the same quest right now.  I'd had one of the QVC "rain fall showerhead" handheld with an articulating arm for probably 20 yrs.  Now we have moved and I can't find a decent handheld shower head with good pressure that has an adjustable arm on it -- so frustrating and I'm spending a fortune trying to find the perfect one.  They are all watersaver ones now and I don't seem to be able to find one that has enough pressure to get my hair rinsed well in a short amount of time -- not a water saving measure!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@In-x-s yes, they are all watersavers if they are made in this country, we have regulations.   I have one made in Germany and it has lots of pressure.

Honored Contributor

We're going to head over to see what Home Depot has to offer.

Honored Contributor

I don't remember the brand I recently purchased at Lowe's but it's one piece that fastens to a bracket.    I can remove the actual showerhead from the bracket and use it hand held.   But as much as I like the big showerheads, using it hand held can be tricky.  It can be a bit heavy

Mine also has an inline water filer.  And it's all chrome, even the line to the hand held, no plastic parts anywhere.

There are so many choices, it depends on how you want to use it.    

@qualitygal wrote:

I see the demonstration, read reviews and it frustrates me. I loved the one we had in our RV, and with aging, I think we need one for the house.

If you have one you love, what kind, where'd you get it? Thanks!!

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased the Conair one from QVC. It came in some patterns and plain options. It is actually much better than I expected it to be for the price. I really like it. I like showerheads that can be hand held or not.

I have been searching for a new showerhead for so long but either could not find one with a hand held option or in the budget that I wanted to spend. I wanted a brass fitting at the base (at the very least).  This one meets my needs.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We got a chrome one. It's magnatized and we both like it. Home Depot, they had a good selection. He installed it and will get to be the first to use it tonight. I feel better getting it today, since now he's mentioning his knee. Moen.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have this Delta 2-in-1 "In2ition". I love itHeart I got mine from amazon four years ago.

58467_WATER_MODEL_HAND_03_WEB.jpg

Respected Contributor

FYI, you can usually remove the water-saving gizmo in the shower head to get a good flow, if you're so inclined. I found a couple of videos on YouTube for the Speakman shower head I'll be buying shortly that showed how to do it.