Honored Contributor

Re: Share your Fall decorating pics here!

[ Edited ]

@house_cat wrote:

edited b/c of the joys of using an iPad (not)

Soooo, as you can see, I'm a minimalist, but it works for me. The squirrels steal acorns and the pumpkins turn to mush, so I'll stick with my phony pumpkin, lol.

autumn missy.jpg

I like it... Aww miss your doggie 😓Smiley Sad

if that is a fake pumpkin, I want one!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

100_2613.jpg

I made a new wreath today for my front door.  Now, I'm ready to start decorating next week. I took this picture from above it so it looks smaller at the bottom but it isn't.  LOL

It looks fantastic, lucymo!  You don't need to buy decor when you have this talent.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

This was my front porch last year.  As it turns out, it was the last autumn with my little dog.  I never spend a lot on decorating and I don't buy anything large, because I have very little storage.  Also, real pumpkins don't fare well around here - it's too hot.

Soooo, as you can see, I'm a minimalist, but it works for me. The squirrels steal acorns and the pumpkins turn to mush, so I'll stick with my phony pumpkin, lol.

autumn missy.jpg

Adorable dog. Smiley Happy  What breed or mix?

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

100_2613.jpg

I made a new wreath today for my front door.  Now, I'm ready to start decorating next week. I took this picture from above it so it looks smaller at the bottom but it isn't.  LOL

It looks fantastic, lucymo!  You don't need to buy decor when you have this talent.Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl   Thanks, mousiegirl.  I enjoy doing all kinds of wreaths and arrangements, been doing that for years.  I think Fall is my favorite though with all the gorgeous colors. 

Respected Contributor

How beautiful your wreath & your talent is!  Maybe QVC would contract you out to be the LR replacement for home decor?!?!  I'll be posting my new Fall/Halloween vignettes which will be forthcoming.  

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

How beautiful your wreath & your talent is!  Maybe QVC would contract you out to be the LR replacement for home decor?!?!  I'll be posting my new Fall/Halloween vignettes which will be forthcoming.  

@BornToShop  BTS, thank you for the compliment.  I'll be looking forward to seeing your pictures.  I don't have a clue yet as to what decor I'm going to use inside the house.  I love summer and it's still here so I'm just making a few wreaths and  an arrangement or two so when I start to decorate I'll have those. 

Hope Erika stays clear of you and everyone there.  I lived through a hurricane on the Carolina coast years ago and no power for about a week and it was scary too.  Be safe.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

This was my front porch last year.  As it turns out, it was the last autumn with my little dog.  I never spend a lot on decorating and I don't buy anything large, because I have very little storage.  Also, real pumpkins don't fare well around here - it's too hot.

autumn missy.jpg

@house_cat  Hi, was your fur baby a Maltese?  It sure is cute and I know you miss it.  Your porch looks great.  I have a table and chairs on our porch and I put something on that and a wreath on the door is about it.  This year I have the TSV  red lantern to work around so hopefully, I'll think of something.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo  Your wreath is so festive.  I love it!

@house cat  For having a small(er) home, you are lucky to have an actual front porch.  I love the addition of the real leaves placed "just so" under and near the pumpkin.   And your dog looks like she was a sweet angel.

I have removed the photo.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@lucymo  Your wreath is so festive.  I love it!

@house cat  For having a small(er) home, you are lucky to have an actual front porch.  I love the addition of the real leaves placed "just so" under and near the pumpkin.   And your dog looks like she was a sweet angel.

Here is the wreath now on my front door.  (I do not like the brown  door.  Our community is repainting soon.  Hooray!)  For winter/Christmas, I change the bow to a sparkly red one and sometimes weave some battery-operated lights throughout.  

I have to add it looks better in real life.   I think it's the camera flash.  Daylight always works better.  The bow is years old so any fading you see is real.

berry wreath.jpg

@GingerPeach  Hi, I always like berry wreaths.  I put one on our front door one time and I guess the berries weren't made very well so we got tired of picking fallen ones up off the floor so replaced it.  Yours looks to be sturdier than ours. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo Mine came from Pier 1 last year (or was it two years ago?).  I liked it because it seemed so versatile.  I use different bows for different seasons.  I'm practical that way (some might say lazy!).  The berries have been sturdy.  I haven't lost one yet.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.