Valued Contributor

Watching the show now.  I am just wondering how it will be received by the customers.  This one is a pillow top and is considered a medium plush.  On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being firm like the floor and 10 being the plushest this is rated a 7.   If I didn't already have a mattress I find really comfy and supportive (Serta Dynamism Eurotop) I would definitely be considering this one.   Mine was rated a 6 or a 7 on the plushness scale which seems accurately represented to me.  I have owned it 6 months now.

Esteemed Contributor

I would want a mattress with the firmness of 1...I don't care for a soft mattress...or any kind of gel..foam...etc in it...

Valued Contributor

I don't think I have ever seen QVC sell one that was rated a 1.   The lowest I have ever seen is rated a 5..... and many customers thought that one was too firm/hard.

Trusted Contributor

We have a sleep number bed - had it since 2002.  Wow, I didn't realize how long ago we purchased it.

Anyway, it works for us, I guess. Had the egg carton type liner replaced recently and seems to be better.  We use a heated mattress pad also.  I know that sounds crazy this time of year, but I do have the heat on all year long. Sometimes down to 3, other times up to 8.

Valued Contributor

I like to use a heated mattress pad too.  I use one about 9 months out of the year except for the summer.   I also add a thin mattress pad on top of my heated one to give it extra plushness and so I can't possibly feel any wires in the heated pad.  It also helps to regulate the heat better, as I often find my mattress pad is too warm even on the lowest settings.

Occasional Contributor

I have a serta, happy with it. The issue I have is honestly with the entire industry. The mattresses are just given different "names" depending upon where it's sold. So as a consumer you really can't compare. The model numbers/names are just varied. 

A customer mentioned serta at bellagio, but it's Not this exact mattress, it's another luxury mattress and it does not appear to be sold to consumers...but there are similar ones if you ck the serta site. 

At least at QVC you will not be hassled IF u are not happy with it as their return policy is so good. 

Very reputable brand, but not sure how one can make a costly purchase without ever having sat, layer down on it. #7 mattress is Soft on the scale. It only goes to 10.  

Good luck deciding!! 

Trusted Contributor

I would save my money or go to a regular store.  The one we have was firm, until the second night. Could not return it.-----ted

Honored Contributor

@tedEbear -  Couldn't return it because?????   Are you saying QVC didn't stand behind its guarantee or did you buy elsewhere?

Trusted Contributor

@millieshops-----Elsewhere, JCP where we have always purchased mattresses.  We used to have Sealy.  The floor is my comfort level.  With the Serta, I had to put pillows under my tushie bum.  Will be going back to SEALY in the not too distant furniture.  A mattress needs to be tested and we didn't give this a decent test. 

New Contributor

not sure if I would order it I did 6 weeks ago today they called me said that they cancled the order they were short shipped and they are still taking orders