Contributor

Morning everyone...we had a new screened porch built this summer. After waiting for the wood to dry out we painted the railings and 4 x 4 and 6 x 6 a creamy white color. We painted the beadboad ceiling very pale robin egg blue/turquoise. I wanted a calm remind me of the beach/Caribbean feel. Furniture is faux rattan/wrought iron from Lowe's. Have a real wrought iron round glass top table and two square nesting tables. The brick wall is (house) is terracottaish color with black, cream and pale gold/orange coloring. Terrible description I know.

We have the plywood floor down and had thought about a sand colored indoor outdoor cut to size. Then decided just wait til next spring and we can tile the floor. So for the winter we decided go ahead and paint the floor and protect the wood during the winter. We did the same color as the railings. It is SO bright and looks like it snowed.

Should I paint the floor a darker color, a sandy color, go ahead and put down outdoor carpet and forget the tile idea altogether? We have a 10 year old dog and she likes her padded beds inside and she does like to lay out there when it is cool. Also, have a 6 month old granddaughter that will eventually be walking around out there. So, those are considerations too.

Suggestions?