Trusted Contributor

Re: SPRING FEVER IN AN OLD HOUSE

Absolutely  fabulous! I love the Joanna Parker chick bucket on his desk. I enjoy watching his decorating shows on YouTube. He has such a flair, and is an inspiration. Thanks for sharing! Heart

Honored Contributor

Very well done!  I'm getting the earliest "spring fever" I've ever had!

I love-

Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 12.37.47 PM.png

I love this arrangement!  

Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 1.01.50 PM.png

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell   Thanks for sharing.  Love the chicks and the dining room centerpiece! And the porch!

Esteemed Contributor

So many beautiful pieces throughout! I love that green dinnerware - so pretty and it looks amazing with the floral arrangement. Thanks, Oznell.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell

As much as he decorates, he must have some kind of storage, probably a building out back.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful home inside and out.  I love his groupings throughout the rooms, eye catchers.  The frog pitcher is unique and the mantle piece stunning.  As a porch lover, this one is lovely, I would put some comfortable seating out there and line up my books to read in the warmer weather!!!!

Honored Contributor

I like most of what I see in the photos. My favorites pieces are the brass bunny bowl, the yellow fuzzy chicks, and the floral and greenery arrangements.

My least favorite thing is the giant chick head basket. Sorry, it looks a bit creepy to me. 

Honored Contributor

@4kitties ,  thanks for identifying his and your beautiful china!   That name sounds familiar, and like it might be from Portugal-- I love Portuguese ceramics.

And @Babyfran,  thanks for identifying the whimsical chick bucket, a witty touch among all his antiques.   You knowledgeable posters are a great resource!

Now, I have a question for anyone--  has anyone seen anything like that vintage miniature sewing machine, or repair machine, in the vignette with the chicks?   My husband didn't think it was a toy--  he thinks it must have been actually used, maybe for minor for repairs -- but not sure. 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@4kitties ,  thanks for identifying his and your beautiful china!   That name sounds familiar, and like it might be from Portugal-- I love Portuguese ceramics.

And @Babyfran,  thanks for identifying the whimsical chick bucket, a witty touch among all his antiques.   You knowledgeable posters are a great resource!

Now, I have a question for anyone--  has anyone seen anything like that vintage miniature sewing machine, or repair machine, in the vignette with the chicks?   My husband didn't think it was a toy--  he thinks it must have been actually used, maybe for minor for repairs -- but not sure. 

@Oznell 

I think the small sewing machine is a toy.  On a full size garmet the stitches would be so small, stress would tear the fabric.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

Vintage Muller Toy, child's sewing machine, Retro Childs Sewing Machine, Collectable Toy sewing, Nostalgic Vintage, Vintage Muller Toy image 1

Ebay.  Mueller child sized machine.  $300+