Honored Contributor

Review on the Luminara wax tapers H207220

These Luminara wax tapers sold out very quickly. But, as usual, mine were a hot mess.

The wax was two different shades, not really bad, but enough that they really don't match if you look closely.

They were marked up some, which is easy to happen with tapers, but I could have lived with it.

The real kicker was that they did light up, but the flames didn't move at all. Neither one, not one little bit. Don't know if something broke inside during shipping, or if they are just defective from the factory.

Was really looking forward to these. But I give up. The battery life of 150 hours is pretty low anyway, so I guess I'll return these, and wait until they get something better.

Hope if anyone else ordered, they get a good set!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Review on the Luminara wax tapers H207220

That's terrible! 

Respected Contributor

That's so disappointing when you're looking forward to something. I have to say that I've never understood these candles. When they're not lit do those flames just flop over to the side? 

Honored Contributor

I have two sets on waitlist.  Wondering now if I should just cancel and get another kind of tapers.  It probably doesn't matter as all of the waitlist orders I've had lately have been canceled by QVC because they couldn't fill them.  Too much money for inferior merchandise.  Sorry, @Mominohio that your candles were defective.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio that is SO disappointing...  and I'm sorry this happened to you.

I bought some BL brand tapers four years ago and they did not work ... at all.  Wanted tapers for so many places in our home and can't do more wires... 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Thanks everybody.

Just a heads up for those that might try to get them 'as is', I don't think I'd take the chance based on what I just received. 

I'm writing all over the outside of the box 'defective' so hopefully they won't send that set back out to someone else. 

When I went to check reviews, there was only one, and it was five stars, so maybe some of them are good!

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio

I am sorry to hear about the defective tapers. I have them on my wishlist, instead of being waitlisted. 

I wonder if the hole is too small on the top for the flame to move or is the mechanism faulty? And it sounds like the wax was from different batches to be different colors.

Thank you for writing defective all over, it keeps them from being resent. I always do likewise, no one should have to receive these items. I even pin papers to clothes where the problem is located so they have to open the plastic bags.

Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

That's so disappointing when you're looking forward to something. I have to say that I've never understood these candles. When they're not lit do those flames just flop over to the side? 

No, the flame stays erect.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

The wax was two different shades, not really bad, but enough that they really don't match if you look closely.

When I was watching the presentation, I thought I noticed some of the candles not matching.  I figured I was just seeing things.  The live stream is so blurry at times.   Sounds like the problems began in the factory and everything went downhill from there. 

Super Contributor

I purchased two sets of the tapers and tested them as soon as they arrived.  Both sets are perfect in color and function.  Waiting for the Luminara 360 in Cranberry.