Esteemed Contributor

Her style is nice but nothing blew me away.  The den is probably my favorite but, even then, I'd want to change out quite a bit. 

I also love the Greek Key design done in fabrics.  I LOVE the bedding in the first (I think) bedroom picture.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I like them all!!  

Honored Contributor

I have that exact (even the grayish color) vanity in the bathroom in my master bathroom.

I recently (in fact the shower door goes on today) totally redid my master bathroom. I replaced all of the toilets (they were different colors and were closer to the ground) in 3 of the bathrooms.

There were a lot of little things (i.e. the screen door (my daughter's dog went through it when she saw a squirrel) and things like that.

I also had the front steps and walkway done in half moons and all brick that matches the house.  

The house is almost totally brick.

I decided when I sell it (I own it) I'm going to live in it like it was when my husband was alive.  

Over the years little things needed to be fixed and I just lived with it because I hate having people in my house.

My daughters, son-in-law and their teenagers came in and moved everything, got rid of stuff I never use, etc.

I had QVC boxes of stuff everywhere.  We 'purged' most of it.

I've always found everything to do with home decor boring.  In fact my daughter picked out the tile for the bathroom floor and shower, the cabinet I mentioned, the bidet, everything.

She had a good time doing it.  I think she REALLY enjoyed picking it out, knowing I was paying for everything.  Ha!

In the Spring I had a new roof put on.  So....other than the rug, that's pretty much 'it'.

I can't get new carpeting yet because my one cat (Katie) pukes up everywhere.  She's ruined my wall to wall carpeting.  The problem is when you shampoo it, it looks clean when wet but when it dries it's still a little stained.

I enjoy reading everyone's posts of some of the things they've done to their houses.  

I'm the first to admit I have no talent for decorating.  I've always been someone who loves to wallpaper and pant.  

I've also replaced toilets and a few things like that, but now that I'm almost 74 I can't go like I used to.  

As usual, my bad back keeps me from doing the things I enjoy.

Honored Contributor

Extremely talented.  Very calming decor in most of these photos.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

My favorites...

I like this cozy room best. The chairs, ottomans, & tables are nice, but I would need to replace and add some of my colorful accessories & artwork. I don’t like the drapes or the painting above the fireplace. 

1429811623_100602_Martin_Webb_Block_EGD_01.jpg

I love the large windows & architecture! Most of the furnishings are ok, but I don’t like that chair, and the tall metal thing in the foreground looks like a garbage can. It has to go! 

1438979727_141007_029.jpg

Honored Contributor

I have to agree, the den is my favorite also!  It is warm and comfortable looking and I feel relaxed looking at it!  I also love the back staircase.  It reminds me of hidden areas in big old houses where there are many stairways!  All in all there is appeal in most of the rooms.

Honored Contributor

I learned long ago that when you paint the rise of the stairs white, you open up the staircase.  I like this feature.

kindness is strength