Honored Contributor

Property Brothers Show "Home on the Ranch"

I'm watching and the views are absolutely breathtaking! I believe they said it's filmed in Colorado with the Rockies in the background.

those who live there how lucky (except for the snow I'm sure!)

Honored Contributor

Re: Property Brothers Show "Home on the Ranch"

@homedecor1  My youngest daughter moved there 3 years ago to ski, fish, hike, you name it.  And she does every single weekend.  She lives the life most people dream about.

She isn't married and has no children.  She is at a ski lodge right now.  She sends me the most amazing pictures, they don't look real.  She took all of the food and cooked an amazing Thanksgiving dinner at the lodge.  They go out their door and they ski, then they get in their hot tub!  Pretty good, huh?

She makes me and her sisters calendars every year with pictures she's taken.  I had to ask her to put herself in them because they look just like the calendars you buy, they are so beautiful!

I tell everyone who's young.  Move out to Colorado and have fun.  There are a lot of young people there, it's clean, the air is amazing and go before you get arthritis (Ha)!

Weekend before this she spent 5 days in Las Vegas running in a race for charity, then took a helicopter ride over the Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon, came home and left for a ski resort.  

Life is too short not to enjoy it.  If you can you should go at least for a visit.  I love it there but have arthritis too bad to be there in the Winter (cold).

My family kids me and says, "Mom, you could work for the tourist council in Colorado".

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1

I believe this was filmed up in Alberta, Canada, at least that is what I was reading.  The brothers are originally from Canada.  It is to beautiful for words no matter what side of the border.

Respected Contributor

I wanted to see them loping off in the distance on their horses.  Smiley Sad

They did a great job on the cabin.  If it were mine, though,  I'd have made it more rustic inside.  But it's always fun to watch their show and see how much they change and update their projects.

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny

I just checked the beginning of the show they state they grew up in the West  and their dad was a cattle rancher. They've just stated the home located in the "foothills of the Rocky Mountains". I'm not great in geography 🤔 But I recall they said Colorado.

I just know I'd love to go to "cowboy country" someday it's gorgeous. I've been to Arizona and have visited Sedona (beautiful), Grand Canyon, etc. but never remember it being that beautiful.

Honored Contributor

The Rocky Mountains extend into Alberta, Canada too.  In fact IMO the most beautiful mountains are in Alberta.  They're not as high as the U.S. Rockies but they have a distinct rugged horizontal strata that makes them look very rocky and beautiful.  They have more glaciers and snow.  The water in the rivers and lakes is an unusual turquoise color from the glacial ice melt.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The ranch is in Vancouver, they are Canadian.

Super Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Allegheny

I just checked the beginning of the show they state they grew up in the West  and their dad was a cattle rancher. They've just stated the home located in the "foothills of the Rocky Mountains". I'm not great in geography 🤔 But I recall they said Colorado.

I just know I'd love to go to "cowboy country" someday it's gorgeous. I've been to Arizona and have visited Sedona (beautiful), Grand Canyon, etc. but never remember it being that beautiful.

They grew up in Canada. They now live in Las Vegas.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @1jenniferjuniper

I love them and their show!

Super Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

Thank you @1jenniferjuniper

I love them and their show!

Welcome 😊

me too!