Honored Contributor

Product recommendation- Berkshire throw

Two years ago, I purchased a throw from QVC, made by Malden Mills. It was a fleece throw. I purchased several of them and kept one for us and gave several as Christmas gifts in 2012 and a few to a charity doing a coat and blanket drive. I've been on the lookout to buy a few more and faithfully have checked QVC every day and they never had them again.

This morning, I was looking for a throw to give to a friend and there it is! I guess that Malden Mills is now Berkshire. I was so excited to see it again. I immediately ordered two in blue which is the color I bought in 2012.

I wanted to pass on the recommendation here. Terrific throw- oversized- washes and dries great. And I think it's a great price. This is one of my favorite QVC purchases ever.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: Product recommendation- Berkshire throw

Are these the fluffies that they also sell in sets of 2? One is camel and the other is a color that you select.

Honored Contributor

No, the material isn't at all like the fluffie material. It's a true fleece, but not a deep pile (for lack of a better term). No shedding, wash and dry on regular settings. It's really terrific, but it's not at all like the fluffies. Totally different animal.

Honored Contributor

I bought a couple of the 2-piece "Fluffies" sets right before Christmas. Talk about comfy and cozy, they are really soft. I liked it so much, I ordered a bed size one for extra chilly nights.

Super Contributor

Malden Mills is now Berkshire? Are you sure? Just wondering because I have been looking for a pair of Berkshire sheets for over a year now that I bought for my DD's bed and they are fabulous. I want to buy a set for my bed and haven't been able to locate them, other than the Berkshire site. I bought hers at Marshall's last year for a great price. I will be looking into the Malden Mills line more now if that is the case.

Honored Contributor

I agree with the OP. I love these throws. I have a huge white one from last year. This year I bought a pink one.

I have a friend who owns a dry cleaners. She is going to wash the white one for me because I don't feel like it gets clean in my regular size washer.

They are huge and so soft and fluffy. I have pictures of Jack the cat laying in the middle of the bed on the white one! Can I just say marsh mellow!!

Honored Contributor

I agree with the OP. I love these throws. I have a huge white one from last year. This year I bought a pink one.

I have a friend who owns a dry cleaners. She is going to wash the white one for me because I don't feel like it gets clean in my regular size washer.

They are huge and so soft and fluffy. I have pictures of Jack the cat laying in the middle of the bed on the white one! Can I just say marsh mellow!!

Super Contributor

Malden Mills and Berkshire, are two different companies. Malden Mills used to produce their blankets and throws in the US. When they first came to QVC, they used to sell throws and blankets made in the US. (Vermont, I think?) I think due to labor costs, they had to outsource their production to China. Lots of complaints about that. I have one of the first throws that MM sold at Q, and it's very nice.

Berkshire is a different company, they have been selling blankets and linens for years, at better department stores. You can buy their products in many different stores. They show up all the time in Home Goods, TJMaxx and Marshalls as well as Macys.

QVC sells Berkshire fluffy fleece throws and they also sell the regular pile fleece. I think the regular pile fleece is nicer. I have a set of the 2 fluffy throws and while I liked them at first, they are now really ratty looking. I am not happy how they have washed over time. (bought mine a year ago).

Super Contributor

On 1/12/2014 grandma_2_2 said:

Malden Mills is now Berkshire? Are you sure? Just wondering because I have been looking for a pair of Berkshire sheets for over a year now that I bought for my DD's bed and they are fabulous. I want to buy a set for my bed and haven't been able to locate them, other than the Berkshire site. I bought hers at Marshall's last year for a great price. I will be looking into the Malden Mills line more now if that is the case.

MM and Berkshire are not the same company.

Honored Contributor

On 1/12/2014 imaclotheshog said:

Malden Mills and Berkshire, are two different companies. Malden Mills used to produce their blankets and throws in the US. When they first came to QVC, they used to sell throws and blankets made in the US. (Vermont, I think?) I think due to labor costs, they had to outsource their production to China. Lots of complaints about that. I have one of the first throws that MM sold at Q, and it's very nice.

Berkshire is a different company, they have been selling blankets and linens for years, at better department stores. You can buy their products in many different stores. They show up all the time in Home Goods, TJMaxx and Marshalls as well as Macys.

QVC sells Berkshire fluffy fleece throws and they also sell the regular pile fleece. I think the regular pile fleece is nicer. I have a set of the 2 fluffy throws and while I liked them at first, they are now really ratty looking. I am not happy how they have washed over time. (bought mine a year ago).

Thanks for the clarification. They look like the same throws to me as the Malden Mills but I appreciate you correcting me.