Honored Contributor

Pictures and reviews on Orgami shelving and Kano boxes

My Origami shelves finally arrived yesterday from HSN, along with my fourth order of the Kano storage boxes from here.

I've already gone on and on about the Kano boxes. Love them, and the go well on the shelves. 

The shelves arrived dented/bent, but perfectly functional. I put them in the basement, and while not happy about the damage, it has no effect on the use. If I had planned on using them in a more visible space, I'd be sending them back. 

I also ordered the covers for the racks, with a zip front. I really like they way is should keep dust off of the contents. 

The next few posts will be pictures showing what I've done.

Honored Contributor

Re: Pictures and reviews on Orgami shelving and Kano boxes

20170118_170202.jpgBefore 

Very wobbly shelf and a card table 

Honored Contributor

20170119_103115.jpgAfter

Honored Contributor

20170119_103146.jpgAfter

Honored Contributor

20170119_102304.jpg

Honored Contributor

20170119_102345.jpgThe large box in these set of two holds 20 large diameter Luminara and mirage candles!

Honored Contributor

20170119_102604.jpgThe small one is holding two sets of square MG pedestals, two MG lamps, and a set of three MG pedestals. So these things do hold a nice quantity. 

Honored Contributor

20170119_103355.jpgWith the covers zipped closed 

Trusted Contributor

I also purchased an Orgami shelf.  It makes organizing so easy.  I picked up oblong clear storage boxes from WalMart.  3 stack on each shelf.   I am using them to organize my silk flowers, ribbons, wreath bases, etc so I can see what I have and quickly pull out the box I need.  I also have 3 sets of Kano boxes.  They are terrific.  I am organizing and logging my purses by size and color shades.  I use the dust bags to separate the purses.  Dust bags on a shelf wasted to much time trying to find the purse I wanted even with a label on each drawstring.

I know that I will be buying more Orgami shelves.  Only problem is now as I am organizing I have not recycled/donated as much as I had planned.  Shopping in my own supplies is so much easier.  When my DIL needs something it is becoming so much easier to pull it out for her.  She and her DIL love to decorate and there is no reason for them to buy if I have it.

Honored Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

I also purchased an Orgami shelf.  It makes organizing so easy.  I picked up oblong clear storage boxes from WalMart.  3 stack on each shelf.   I am using them to organize my silk flowers, ribbons, wreath bases, etc so I can see what I have and quickly pull out the box I need.  I also have 3 sets of Kano boxes.  They are terrific.  I am organizing and logging my purses by size and color shades.  I use the dust bags to separate the purses.  Dust bags on a shelf wasted to much time trying to find the purse I wanted even with a label on each drawstring.

I know that I will be buying more Orgami shelves.  Only problem is now as I am organizing I have not recycled/donated as much as I had planned.  Shopping in my own supplies is so much easier.  When my DIL needs something it is becoming so much easier to pull it out for her.  She and her DIL love to decorate and there is no reason for them to buy if I have it.

@Gram W

I've been donating, but not as much as I need to. You are so right about shopping your own 'store'. Much of my stuff has been put away in a fashion that it is hard to access, and because of that, I don't use/rotate it as much as I want to. I'm on a mission to make my things much more accessible, and weed out things I really don't need/like/use.