Respected Contributor

Part II - This week's project - rearrange my furniture

So I started at 9:00 a.m. and finished at 3:30 p.m. - lot more involved than I thought - Put couch on other end of room.  Moved hall tree up into entryway and another cabinet down where it sat - whew - that was the hardest - switched out kitchen tables - lots of hard work.

Then of course vacuuming, cleaning carpet in areas where couch used to sit, rearrange pictures and bring standing lamp down from loft.  My back is really really sore - but it all looks beautiful.  Don't think I'll be doing that again for awhile.  But my room actually looks much larger.  Did spring cleaning while I was moving furniture.  Cleaned out drawers and discarded magazines.  It's all worth it though!   Now I have to paint entryway and down hall this spring - it needs it.  Found a sandal and a couple of socks too!  Dogs are a little confused about rearrangement, but they'll have to get used to it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Part II - This week's project - rearrange my furniture

@hoosieroriginal, good for you.  A change is good.  I have been tackling the housecleaning jobs one by one this past month.  Closets, pantry, window washing, etc.  it's a pain to do these things but it feels good when it's done.

I like to change the furniture around also.  I do it in my living room twice a year.  I have a winter set up where the fireplace is the focal point and a summer set up where the lake views are the focal point.  LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@hoosieroriginal, good for you.  A change is good.  I have been tackling the housecleaning jobs one by one this past month.  Closets, pantry, window washing, etc.  it's a pain to do these things but it feels good when it's done.

I like to change the furniture around also.  I do it in my living room twice a year.  I have a winter set up where the fireplace is the focal point and a summer set up where the lake views are the focal point.  LM

@Lilysmom - That sounds nice!  I think this will stay this way awhile - I'm 64 and really hurting tonite - moved it all by myself.  It looks so nice though - I'm the type that I can't quit until everything is in its place. 

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal, I'm like that too.  Everything must be finished.  I added a new piece of art to my living room today.   Of course, everything else had to be moved to accommodate it.  Why is it always like that🙄???

Enjoy your new set up!  LM

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal and anyone who moved furniture around today:

To have a good day tomorrow without a lot of aches and pains:

1) sit it in a hot tub spa or very hot bathtub to soak tonight

2) take 2 aspirin or Tylenols before bed

This worked for me when I did 8 hours solid of yard work this Spring.  Hope it works for you all.

FOR THOSE INDENTATIONS in the carpet:  Place ice cubes in the indent marks from where the furniture used to be.  Let them melt.  Repeat again until the fibers have absorbed enough moisture to stand straight up.  This really works...if the pets do not eat or lick the cubes !!!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@hoosieroriginal and anyone who moved furniture around today:

To have a good day tomorrow without a lot of aches and pains:

1) sit it in a hot tub spa or very hot bathtub to soak tonight

2) take 2 aspirin or Tylenols before bed

This worked for me when I did 8 hours solid of yard work this Spring.  Hope it works for you all.

FOR THOSE INDENTATIONS in the carpet:  Place ice cubes in the indent marks from where the furniture used to be.  Let them melt.  Repeat again until the fibers have absorbed enough moisture to stand straight up.  This really works...if the pets do not eat or lick the cubes !!!!

@jlkz - OMG!  Thanks so much for the advice on the indentations!  I have some and was wondering what to do about it!  I have some Motrin and will take it before I go to bed for sure.  

Esteemed Contributor

@jlkz, yes and yes!  Soak in Epsom Salts and do the ice cube thing!  I am 60 and always doing more than I should.  These things help I know!!!  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Lilysmom I did that last month.  I just happened to notice the bathroom shower curtain was a little dingy looking and before I knew it I was into whole rooms!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Part II - This week's project - rearrange my furniture"

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Lilysmom I did that last month.  I just happened to notice the bathroom shower curtain was a little dingy looking and before I knew it I was into whole rooms!

@CelticCrafter, I just did my spices cupboard.  Then I did my dresser.  I'm at the end until I light a match under DH to do the garage and basement.  A challenge for sure as he is a bit of a pack rat!  Good thing I'm done because I am running out of ambition!!!  Come on Spring🙂!  LM

Honored Contributor

Re: Part II - This week's project - rearrange my furniture"

That's great, and I was feeling good to have started my list, plans for a yard sale this summer. LOL I wish I still had the back and energy to do what you did today. Good for you!!! Just don't forget where you put your favorite chair! LOOK first. LOL