Trusted Contributor

I had HGTV on all day yesterday and had to laugh at some of the owner's request for laundry rooms.

Some were the size of one of my small bedrooms and have folding stations.

I am happy that mine is in the house and is on the other side of my bedroom. However, I have had trouble finding storage that fits in there and still gives me room to get to the dryer.

I looked at the Origami shelves on HSN and found a tall, skinny one that has six shelves.

I received it a couple of weeks ago and  got the chance to set it up yesterday.

Although my room is painted a light green, I could not resist getting the blush pink color!

It is lightweight, yet sturdy and will hold all of my detergent items as well as other odds and ends.

I have had cabinets above the washer, some item from Ikea, and this is the best solution yet! I can easily roll it out of the way to get to my a/c filter. I am so happy to be able to move around AND have storage!

If my needs change, I can use it somewhere else. Does anyone else love their Origami shelves?

Honored Contributor

I have 10 Origami units..........in all rooms of the house.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Origami Shelves

[ Edited ]

I have five of the shelving units.  Two of them are the shorter squat shelves I use one in the kitchen for excess items that I do not want out on my counter tops. Rotisserie machine, Pressure cooker basically the items that I do not use every day. The other one I use as extra shelving for my linen items.

The thee large units are used as follows, One I have in a spare bedroom with all of my winter shoes stored on them. Boots and closed toed.  When spring and summer hits I will switch out the shoes and place all opened toed shoes and sandals on the shelving.  The other two units are in my bonus room. This is where I keep all of the items that I purchase from Costco or any type of bulk purchases on. Toilet paper, Paper towels, Trash bags, laundry detergent. It's endless.

I love  them, but I am finished with purchasing those types of shelving.  When Oragami returns in January I am probably going to pick up (2) of the book shelvies.

Honored Contributor

I have a laundry room that barely accommodates the washer and dryer... ! Woman LOL  But it's on the main floor so I'm happy!  I also have the Origami shelf system and am very impressed with it...  it's downstairs.  They are very well done and very useful IMHO.... love mine!!  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I recently bought a medium size, drawer set.  The quality of this product greatly exceeded my expectations!!  It is well made and very sturdy.... Also, it was easy to assemble!  It took longer to remove all the packing than it did to put it together...(it was packed very well).  If you're in need of extra storage this is the brand to buy!!!

Trusted Contributor

@icezeus

That is a great idea to store the extra rolls of paper towels and other Costco items. I don't want to put anything in the garage because it will smell like "car"!

I would like a short one to store the bread maker, crock pot and food  processor.

@Desertdi  Wow! What do you store on your shelves? I bought a Pop It that will probably end up in my new shed.

Respected Contributor

When we designed this house, I insisted, "No laundry room." To me, they are space-wasting catchalls. This is the first house in which we have NOT had a laundry room, and I love it. 

Trusted Contributor

@Q4u

My laundry room is the same way. It is OK if there is nothing else in there, but I need a place to put some frequently used tools and other stuff! Once you find a solution to a problem, it makes your heart sing!

Honored Contributor

@flickerbulb wrote:

@icezeus

That is a great idea to store the extra rolls of paper towels and other Costco items. I don't want to put anything in the garage because it will smell like "car"!

I would like a short one to store the bread maker, crock pot and food  processor.

@Desertdi  Wow! What do you store on your shelves? I bought a Pop It that will probably end up in my new shed.

@flickerbulb    Kitchen:   TV, Kitty's "pantry"       Living room/Den:   Alternating with 6' artificial trees to make a room divider.   Also 2 coffee table units.     Bedrooms:   extra storage     Misc:   BOOKS

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I'm another who has several of them, and another one ordered yesterday.  Can't beat Origami!!!!!!!!!!!  Love them!