Respected Contributor

Opinions on this wreath please

[ Edited ]

Some of you may recall I got some chairs re-covered.  Below is a pic.  I eventually want to get a little table for next to the chair and/or a lamp.  But until then, what do you think of this Valerie wreath on the wall above the chair, at least for the spring season?   Would it look too busy with the pictures on the adjoining wall? 

Link to Valerie's wreath

If so, which color?   As much as I love purple, would white look best?   I'm not one that usually hangs wreaths except for on my front doors and above the mantel at Christmas.  So, I didn't know if a wreath here would be weird.  

IMG_4306.JPG

Trusted Contributor

Re: Opinions on this wreath please

I think the pink would look lovely.  

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

I am loving the big furry art piece on the foot stool.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the space and it will be a cozy spot to read, etc.

The space below the two pictures needs to be filled in.  The wreath is very pretty but also one larger picture would work, also.

Any table would have to be very narrow with a lamp on top.  Or you could go with a floor lamp.  Your chair looks great!  The color of the wreath should blend well with the wall color and the colors in the pictures.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom I'm not sure it's a look I would choose, but I think the wreath would be fine. I also think the purple would work as well or better than any of the color options. I think it would play nicely off the pink chair. Unless the pink wreath is the same shade as the chair, I think it could just look unmatched and potentially odd. the white is pretty but might wash out and the blue, to me, just brings in a too different intensity of color. I might also consider lowering the pictures a bit. It might be the angle of the shot, but they appear to hang quite high on the wall with nothing below them for balance. I've also often heard thing work best in threes, so if you had a similarly framed picture to add to the grouping, that might be worth considering.

Woman Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

If you can.....I would move the chair and put the pictures above the chair on the short wall and get a floor lamp that would also fill up the larger wall....no wreath

Respected Contributor

@Big Sister wrote:

I like the space and it will be a cozy spot to read, etc.

The space below the two pictures needs to be filled in.  The wreath is very pretty but also one larger picture would work, also.

Any table would have to be very narrow with a lamp on top.  Or you could go with a floor lamp.  Your chair looks great!  The color of the wreath should blend well with the wall color and the colors in the pictures.

It is a cozy spot so yes, it'd have to be a small table.  The only problem with a lamp on a table is the fear of the dogs knocking it over.  One of them always waits in that chair for us to get home and then they leap off when the hear us.  The chair sometimes moves when they do that which could easily knock off whatever would be on a table.  I do have a floor lamp I may try for now.   I may try the wreath for now until I find a large picture I like.   Thanks for your input!!

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@crazycockermom I'm not sure it's a look I would choose, but I think the wreath would be fine. I also think the purple would work as well or better than any of the color options. I think it would play nicely off the pink chair. Unless the pink wreath is the same shade as the chair, I think it could just look unmatched and potentially odd. the white is pretty but might wash out and the blue, to me, just brings in a too different intensity of color. I might also consider lowering the pictures a bit. It might be the angle of the shot, but they appear to hang quite high on the wall with nothing below them for balance. I've also often heard thing work best in threes, so if you had a similarly framed picture to add to the grouping, that might be worth considering.

Woman Happy

Thanks for all your ideas!   DH helped me hang the pics and he's tall which often results in pictures ending up higher than I prefer.  I bit my tongue but just may move them down myself sometime.  It might be hard to find a picture that goes with those two, but I will consider that.  

I'm not sure how the chairs are coming across, but they aren't pink at all, they are a taupe color.  

Respected Contributor

@Jewel22 wrote:

If you can.....I would move the chair and put the pictures above the chair on the short wall and get a floor lamp that would also fill up the larger wall....no wreath

Thanks!  That might work well.  I hate the idea of having holes to fill and paint though, lol.  

Respected Contributor

@roxxy1
Thanks!

@dex
Thank you! I love that art piece too. Smiley Happy