Trusted Contributor

Is anyone on the fence tonight with regards to picking up some last minute Christmas in July items?  Since the sale runs out tonight, and the Easy Pay is being offered, am I the only one teetering about a few different items?  

Trusted Contributor

Now that there is easy pay, I REALLY want the Plow and Heath ice skates that were shown this morning. I was at an antique mall recently about 5 hours north of me and found a mint pair of ice skates in a old Macy's box.

My head was spinning with ways to decorate them for Christmas, but I left them. Now I saw these already decorated!

Trusted Contributor

@flickerbulb wrote:

Now that there is easy pay, I REALLY want the Plow and Heath ice skates that were shown this morning. I was at an antique mall recently about 5 hours north of me and found a mint pair of ice skates in a old Macy's box.

My head was spinning with ways to decorate them for Christmas, but I left them. Now I saw these already decorated!

Flicker, I've been searching for years for a pair of white ice skates stuffed with white lights and either white and/or silver "greenery." I think that a pair of skates like that with the laces tied and hanging on a door knob is a great look.  

Trusted Contributor

OK, now I just watched the video and they suggested hanging it from an old sled or on an old ladder.

By golly, I happen to have both. Guess I am getting them now!

Trusted Contributor

@PeterDM, I have also been looking for old skates, and I do not find them in thrift stores or antique places in S. FL. When I travel, I am always on the lookout for them.

The skates I found were mint in the box, but I still left them. Ugh! The decorating ideas I could come up with. I could hang on inside a wreath on the front door. Well, there is always Ebay.

I am glad I am not the only one that thinks of these ideas!

Valued Contributor

I have a white pair of skates from years ago andI never wore but saved and thought I would.  Might use them for decorating.

Respected Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

Is anyone on the fence tonight with regards to picking up some last minute Christmas in July items?  Since the sale runs out tonight, and the Easy Pay is being offered, am I the only one teetering about a few different items?  

I am.  I've been waffling on the Christmas house and trees from Temptations.  I've never purchased anything from that brand, but the house is adorable.  On the other hand, I already have all of those Harry Slatkin luminiaries and I only have one area where I use whimsical decor so I don't really need those.

Peter, did you see the silver and gold version of the trees?  They are short, but the shape is modernist.  H205963

Trusted Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

I am.  I've been waffling on the Christmas house and trees from Temptations.  I've never purchased anything from that brand, but the house is adorable.  On the other hand, I already have all of those Harry Slatkin luminiaries and I only have one area where I use whimsical decor so I don't really need those.

Peter, did you see the silver and gold version of the trees?  They are short, but the shape is modernist.  H205963

Thanks @Marsha2003.  Those trees are very pretty, but the gold is a deal killer. I try to keep everything silver, but not gold. It's the same with jewelry.  My aunt keeps telling me she wants to buy me a gold watch, and I keep telling her that I won't wear gold.  I just don't think it looks good on me OR my home.  

Respected Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

Thanks @Marsha2003.  Those trees are very pretty, but the gold is a deal killer. I try to keep everything silver, but not gold. It's the same with jewelry.  My aunt keeps telling me she wants to buy me a gold watch, and I keep telling her that I won't wear gold.  I just don't think it looks good on me OR my home.

Makes perfect sense to me!  I'm just the opposite as I tend to use warm metals in my home decor.

Trusted Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

Makes perfect sense to me!  I'm just the opposite as I tend to use warm metals in my home decor.

You know, @Marsha2003, I get so jealous sometimes, because there are so many more products geared toward gold and earth tones.  I really do love warm colors and tones, but they just don't work for me.  It's not that I've pigeon-holed myself by choosing a specific color scheme. I just think it suits my taste better.