Honored Contributor

This is the shelf the owl sits on, which I bought many moons ago from a catalog.DSCF8713.JPG

Honored Contributor

Re: OWL CORNER SHELF

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

This is the shelf the owl sits on, which I bought many moons ago from a catalog.DSCF8713.JPG

@mousiegirl  Sorry, I have completely overlooked this thread and only saw your owl lantern pic until now. It is quite unique! How high is it on your wall? It's hard to tell in the pic. Thank you for sharing Smiley Happy

We love owls here too...watch many of them on Roku during the breeding season from January-May in Texas,  California, Oklahoma and Montana this year...Barn Owls, Screech Owls, Long Earred Owls, and Great Horned Owls too Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl  Sorry, I have completely overlooked thios thread and only saw your owl lantern pic until now. It is quite unique. How high is it on your wall? It's hard to tell in the pic. We love owls here too...watch many of them on Roku during the breeding season from January-May in Texas,  California, Oklahoma and Montana this year...Barn Owls, Screech Owls, Long Earred Owls, and Great Horned Owls too Smiley Very Happy

It is now very low on the wall, only three feet from the floor, about, but he may go above the tv so I can see his face.  Now, all I see is the owl that sits on top.

Valued Contributor

Oh, is that a nice shelf, Mousiegirl. I love it. When I first looked at it, I was sure it was antique.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl, this really is a unique shelf that you don't see everywhere.  I had to smile at that owl, he looks very intense.  What room do you have this in?  I love pieces like this.  Thanks for sharing with us.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl, this really is a unique shelf that you don't see everywhere.  I had to smile at that owl, he looks very intense.  What room do you have this in?  I love pieces like this.  Thanks for sharing with us.

lucymo, he is in a corner underneath the kitchen tv which is on the wall, and the owl I posted the other day sits on this owl shelf.  He may be moved up so I can see his face, ecause now, all I see is the luminary on top.

Esteemed Contributor

How cute and different.  At first glance, it looks like he has outspread wings, holding up the shelf above, and he's putting all his effort into the job.  On second look, I guess it is just leaves on each side of the owl.  I think that I, too, would put it a little higher so that I could enjoy it more.  Now, that will open up a space for something else below the TV, right?  You'll have to do some more shopping.  Ha Ha. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

How cute and different.  At first glance, it looks like he has outspread wings, holding up the shelf above, and he's putting all his effort into the job.  On second look, I guess it is just leaves on each side of the owl.  I think that I, too, would put it a little higher so that I could enjoy it more.  Now, that will open up a space for something else below the TV, right?  You'll have to do some more shopping.  Ha Ha. 

SHOPR, I will put a plain corner shelf in it's place and set the owl luminary on top.  I probably wont put anything on the owl shelf if I move it above. Smiley Happy