Valued Contributor

Nickname problems on the Q today...

[ Edited ]

The Q made me change my nickname today before I could sign in. It told me "someone else already had my name" when I used "countrygal". Hello, it's ME! Not trying to do my Adele impression here. LOL

The only way I could use a version of my old name was to use all caps. So now I'm "COUNTRYGAL". Gosh, I hate that..it looks SO big and like I'm yelling. I will try to get it back to normal tomorrow, as many others are having the same problem today and CS hasn't been able to help them. There is a thread about this in Among Friends.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Nickname problems on the Q today...

I had that happen yesterday. I just entered my usual name and that worked. Yesterday was a tough day as far as website operation is concerned. 

Valued Contributor

I've tried many times since the change to go back to the old version of my name, but it won't accept it. I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe the glitch will be fixed by then. Till then I'm COUNTRYGAL. Yikes, I feel like a GIANT! LOL

Honored Contributor

The only problems I had today belonged to Comcast!  My Internet worked fine early this AM --and then not at all.  Eben the phone lines were unavailable for several hours - how many I'm not sure becasue I went out for about 4 hours.  Right now, I have TV, Internet, and a phone.  Fingers crossed here!

I know some love Comcast.  I hate it.  It's in my house because it's in my HOA  fees.

Respected Contributor

I went from hulagirl to HULAGIRL........what a mess today!.....I'm going to stay logged on because we might be chatting up a storm with Shawn in New York for fashion week.

Respected Contributor

I had the same thing happen but put in my same nickname and it took it. 

Respected Contributor

@country gal wrote:

The Q made me change my nickname today before I could sign in. It told me "someone else already had my name" when I used "countrygal". Hello, it's ME! Not trying to do my Adele impression here. LOL

The only way I could use a version of my old name was to use all caps. So now I'm "COUNTRYGAL". Gosh, I hate that..it looks SO big and like I'm yelling. I will try to get it back to normal tomorrow, as many others are having the same problem today and CS hasn't been able to help them. There is a thread about this in Among Friends.  

You must've called a thousand times, so at least you can say that you tried...!  Loved your Adele twist, lol!  The only problem I have had with my nickname is, whenever I post a review, it will only say Anonymous.  CS told me I would have to create a new nickname...??  Seriously??  What's up with that?

Valued Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@country gal wrote:

You must've called a thousand times, so at least you can say that you tried...!  Loved your Adele twist, lol!  The only problem I have had with my nickname is, whenever I post a review, it will only say Anonymous.  CS told me I would have to create a new nickname...??  Seriously??  What's up with that?

BTS--Thanks for the laugh..I feel like I tried "a thousand times".

Valued Contributor

I had to choose a new nickname, too. Used to use Nunyabisnis. At least now it's one I use at two other sites so it worked out, but I'm sure it's a pain in the a$$ for others. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm glad I'm not the only one this happened to!!

I avoided changing my Nickname in hope that it was just a temporary website error that would be resolved, but I was wrong. I've had the same nickname for probably 10 years now...

I changed it to the same name I always head, but I'm just curious if all of my history has been erased.  I'm hoping to find out once this posts.

Oh well.