Respected Contributor

Nickle faucets in bath and sink, what finish should my light bar be?

Am I limited to a nickle finish light bar?  I really like the bronze but can't use bronze faucets.  Our water is too hard and the bronze would look awful in no time.  We do have a water softener, but we still get some hard water once in a while.

Super Contributor

Re: Nickle faucets in bath and sink, what finish should my light bar be?

@mima wrote:

Am I limited to a nickle finish light bar?  I really like the bronze but can't use bronze faucets.  Our water is too hard and the bronze would look awful in no time.  We do have a water softener, but we still get some hard water once in a while.

@mima

I am not sure why you can't use bronze.  We have hard water and have bronze faucets and no water softener.  I just use Lime Away about every 3 weeks, just to make sure nothing builds up.  (not that anything has).  We have had them about 9 months with no problems.

Honored Contributor

You could use chrome, at least both are cool toned. I'd stick with nickle though. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

@mima wrote:

There are not any rules find a fixture(s) you like. The web has plenty of choices. 

Respected Contributor

I would stick with the nickel. It definitely looks different than chrome - more silvery maybe... But, then again have two both baths in chrome and thought about the bronze for a light fixture - but, decided to do all one finish. Probably looks a little more finished. I am happy with my choice. And, trust me, I am NOT a matchy matchy  person. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I prefer everything to be the same finish.

Respected Contributor

I'd stick with something in a similar finish.

Esteemed Contributor

@mima, I recently redid my master bathroom.  I was not a huge brushed nickel fan either but I had put in a large shower panel with water jets and the panel was brushed nickle. I went with the same finish in faucets, towel bar and lights. It has really grown on me.  I think it looks more pulled together with the same finish.  I quite like it now.  I'm not a match your match person either.  LM

Respected Contributor

I have all brushed niclel in my bath & love it, don't think I would have liked to mix metals, but that's just me, do what you like.

Honored Contributor

@terriebear wrote:

@mima wrote:

@mima

I am not sure why you can't use bronze.  We have hard water and have bronze faucets and no water softener.  I just use Lime Away about every 3 weeks, just to make sure nothing builds up.  (not that anything has).  We have had them about 9 months with no problems.

9 months isn't that long to boast about faucets (with hard water and without a water softener) not getting yucky. OP, I think you should stick with nickle lights to match everything else.

"Pure Michigan"