Trusted Contributor

Re: New Trees by Valerie H205801

I don't think those trees are acrylic, they seem to be cardboard.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't hear her say what they were made of....

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

LOL Peter, I don't think so.  I am thinking acrylic, but why didn't Jill or Valerie mention what material they are made of, at least I didn't hear it.  Do you know if they are made of acrylic?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

LOL Peter, I don't think so.  I am thinking acrylic, but why didn't Jill or Valerie mention what material they are made of, at least I didn't hear it.  Do you know if they are made of acrylic?

I'm serious, @mousiegirl.  I've seen trees like that at At Home, and they're made of either heavy paper or a light cardboard.  It's almost like a paper mache finish.  

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@PeterDM  They are acrylic...the VPH team answered the question on the item link/page Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

I'm serious, @mousiegirl.  I've seen trees like that at At Home, and they're made of either heavy paper or a light cardboard.  It's almost like a paper mache finish.  

Thanks Peter for the heads up.  I called customer service, but of course she did not know the anser, as usual.  I just read the item description, and I now think the trees are made of a cloth that has been coated with wax or some substance to make them stiff.  I did notice that they seemed very light when Jill bumped one.  I think it is terrible that neither Jill nor Valerie explained this, and many people are going to be ticked off, probably, when they receive them as they are probably assuming they are glass or acrylic, as I did.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

Thanks Peter for the heads up.  I called customer service, but of course she did not know the anser, as usual.  I just read the item description, and I now think the trees are made of a cloth that has been coated with wax or some substance to make them stiff.  I did notice that they seemed very light when Jill bumped one.  I think it is terrible that neither Jill nor Valerie explained this, and many people are going to be ticked off, probably, when they receive them as they are probably assuming they are glass or acrylic, as I did.

@mousiegirl  read my post just above Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@mousiegirl  read my post just above Smiley Wink

I did before I posted and called, but wanted to see if I could get an official answer. Smiley Happy  I think it is the same or similar to the material on Lisa's glitter trees.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl@PeterDM@MTHOn the product page Valerie's co said they are acrylic.

Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@PeterDM  They are acrylic...the VPH team answered the question on the item link/page Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise, thanks for letting us know.  They seemed very light.  I don't know where they get off charging $70 for those trees when so many similar type items have been under $50.  That really grinds my gears!