Honored Contributor

Re: New Luminara 14' Lexington Lantern TSV in Oct.

@KingstonsMom@Mominohio@GCR18@RazorSharp@sweetee2

Maybe I don't mind the X but I have the Heritages and so this doesn't match. 

Would consider a gray one -- 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

This is exactly what I was going to post. AA batteries just don't seem right for Luminara and this size. It should have D's.

I wonder if the information has been listed incorrectly. Won't be the first time they did that!

From the descriptions in the electronic version of the Insider, the 10" takes 2 C batteries and the 14" and 18" take 2 D batteries.  The info on .com is incorrect.

Honored Contributor

I'm also (while a big fan of Luminara and lanterns) thinking Q needs to do some other TSV's besides Luminara and lanterns. Seems there have been quite a few in the last year.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't like the "X" on them and I don't like the fact that the large 26" or 30" lantern isn't offered. If I am going to use a lanterns, I cluster them together and use 26" or 30" ones for dramatic effect. 

This one is disappointing. But I am happy that I can pass on this one. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BklynKinsey wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

This is exactly what I was going to post. AA batteries just don't seem right for Luminara and this size. It should have D's.

I wonder if the information has been listed incorrectly. Won't be the first time they did that!

From the descriptions in the electronic version of the Insider, the 10" takes 2 C batteries and the 14" and 18" take 2 D batteries.  The info on .com is incorrect.

Oh I really, really hope that the C and D battery info is the correct information.  If Luminara starts moving to AAs in their pillars, they will lose their good battery life that has only recently improved to 500 hours or more.  I think that would be a big mistake. 

Too bad I just don't like the shape of this lantern.  The top looks too short or something.  I hope the Heritage lantern style sticks around and gets another re-stock.  I'm liking it more and more. 

I also like the Middleton lanterns from way back when, but they are long gone, and were probably too style-specific for QVC to offer again.

Valued Contributor

Maybe the AA battery size means for the remote.

Honored Contributor

I don't like the X's on this one.  When I look at it that's the first thing that jumps out at me.  This one is a dud for me.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I'm also (while a big fan of Luminara and lanterns) thinking Q needs to do some other TSV's besides Luminara and lanterns. Seems there have been quite a few in the last year.

@Mominohio, I so agree with you.  I am begging Luminara to come out with some new sconces.  Don't know if I am all that excited about this new lantern :/.  

Trusted Contributor

This is a little off topic but I have a couple of the luminara lanterns with the remote.

I want to put them on timer mode but do not remember how to do it?  I pushed the button on the bottom but they never went off. Does anyone know?

Trusted Contributor

this is off topic

Do you have access to the a digital Insider?It is now Oct 8 and I still have not received my Oct ober issue-hardcopy.  When I called to inqure, I asked why I can't just receive the digital and the rep said they do not have that anymore. What is an electronic version?  Thanks