Highlighted
Contributor

Need Help - Frozen Truck Doors - Ford Ranger

I have a 2002 Ford Ranger, and every year when the weather gets freezing, the doors freeze shut. The locks don't freeze, but the doors do and I can't get into the truck. This is very bad because I work nights and when I come out at 7 am, I can't open the doors. The only thing that works at that point is pouring very hot water around the door seals, but I always worry about cracking the glass. I have tried spraying silicone and WD40 around the rubber gasket and metal where the door meets the truck when you shut it but these dont seem to work. Any suggestions? I have thought of trying rubbing vaseline but not sure if there is something that would be tried and true.

Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2015 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View