Regular Contributor

Re: Need Gift Ideas for Ladies at Church........................

Gotta sign off Ladies. Have to take care of some other Business. Looking forward to checking back in tomorrow for some more ideas. Keep them coming!! Have a Great evening.

Regular Contributor

On 10/8/2014 mominohio said:

I love a really good hand cream, and unscented (or as near to it as possible) for the purse.

Jose Maran has some purse size ones and so does Loccitane. These would be a little pricey, but come in sets with several in each set.

Cheryl's Cookies has several offers each year with a small tin and several cookies in each.

I also like those little flashlight sets that Q offers this time of year. You usually get 6 in a set and they are nice and bright. I like to have one in the car, and in all areas of the house at reach for when the power goes out.

We love Mrs. Prindable apples too.

It always gets knocked here, but the Poo Pouri is a great item. We all have to use public restrooms or go when at someone's house and it is so nice to have and really works.

Perhaps a nice bookmark from the Christian book store, as each probably uses a Bible.

These are some good ideas! I have actually been mulling over the Mrs. Prindables. The Poo Pouri is a good idea also. Thank you so much for the ideas.

Super Contributor

Last year, I found some beautiful cardinal grocery lists at a little gift shop. They were about $4 each with a pencil. I needed about a dozen, so it worked out. You can find those types of things at Current or other stores online, too. Sometimes they are in lots of a dozen, and you can get a good buy per the cost of each. The church bookstores have items like that, too.

I also found the cutest ornaments in a pack of 3 at Kohls. With the 30% coupon, they ended up being about $2.75 a piece for a dozen. (I bought 4 packs). Just keep your eye out. You still have time to find something.

You might also agree as a group to give a donation in lieu of giving gifts. Or sponsor a family.

Honored Contributor

I will go with personal items, like lotions, scarves, gloves, etc. We can all use those regardless of age.

Trusted Contributor

When I need small, inexpensive (but nice!) gifts like this, one of my favorites is bars of decorative holiday guest soaps. People like to put these in their guest baths, etc. during the holidays. You can get very nice little scented soaps embossed with holly, Christmas trees, and other holiday motifs at places like TJMaxx, Tuesday Morning, Marshall's, or sometimes even Big Lots. Sometimes I find them individually packaged in pretty boxes, or I've purchased multi-boxes and then re-packaged a bar or two at a time in Christmas cellophane with a pretty ribbon. I've also given scented candles, Christmas motif fingertip or kitchen towels, or a pretty ornament for the recipient's tree.

I also liked the idea someone posted above about pretty grocery list pads -- or note pads or little packs of note cards would be nice.

Super Contributor

Years ago for little Christmas gifts I gave friends 5 large paperwhite bulbs in a little drawstring bag. You could also add a shallow dish and pebbles to "plant" the bulbs in, if your budget allows.

I enjoy having blooming plants in the house, especially after all the Christmas decor is taken down.

Respected Contributor

For Christmas, I like to receive things I would not normally buy myself . . . pampering gifts.

Bath gels, soaps, chocolates, etc. (get small quanties to keep prices down).

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Well, for me, something that I don't have to display, dust, or water. Maybe a little stocking with Hershey's kisses in it? A bag of scone mix (TJMaxx has really good ones sometimes), A few bags of tea, a pretty little bag with a grocery list pad and a cute ink pen? Post-it notes?

Esteemed Contributor

4:10
374-774
<h1>KorresKorres Total Moisture 6-piece Body Butter Collection</h1>

One of my favorites. Perfect for purse at 1.69 oz. (but lasts a long time). Works out to be $5.00 apiece and then you could add a little something to it and/or buy a cute little bag from the dollar store.

?HSN
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Frequent Contributor

I have had to buy "little something" gifts like this before for grab bags and ladies Christmas luncheon gifts. I purchased very pretty socks - some Christmas-y, some with little kitties or doggies on them, some that had little bits of lace on them - all different. This way everyone gets the same, but different! They went over big!