Regular Contributor

Re: Need Gift Ideas for Ladies at Church........................

On 10/8/2014 Peaches McPhee said:

When you say "holiday projects" are you talking about craft projects? Are you looking to buy or make?

Looking to buy. I work a Full time job and really don't have the time. Would Love to make gifts, just can't.

Regular Contributor

On 10/8/2014 twopeas said:

This, of course, is just my opinion on gift giving: I would prefer not to receive Christmas items (decorations, etc). It seems like this is often times the choice when gals are looking for gifts such as you describe. Partly because Christmas is pretty much over when they are received and partly because most of us are trying to scale down. I would search for something "kind of" personal such as body butters or items for a nice bubbly bath.

I feel the same way twopeas. I like to have something I can enjoy/use besides just at Christmas. Thanks!

Regular Contributor

On 10/8/2014 Kati said:

Are you looking for ideas on something to make or something to buy?

To buy. Work a Full time job and don't have the time to make anything in crafts.

Regular Contributor

On 10/8/2014 happy housewife said:

i walk with a cane when I go on my nightly walks because I can sometimes be unsteady. I recently bought a little wristlet called a gadget bag on Amazon from the Bella Taylor line. what is special about it is - it has a large lobster claw type clamp on it that I could attach to my cane and now i carry my phone, some kleenex and a few dollars in there. Anyway - it was only $4 and if you buy it in with other purchases you may get free S&H from amazon. so if any of your friends use a cane you may consider this.

This sounds like a Great idea, But, we don't have any ladies that has to use a cane. Thank you anyway.

Respected Contributor

What about putting small sample size beauty items (Bath and Body Works lip balm, hand lotion, loofah) into a holiday bag, tie a ribbon around it and there you have it?

Super Contributor

You might need to take a day off and just go make it fun and start buying. It looks like we need to know if your going to spend 5.00 a head, 50.00 a head or 5000.000 This would help.

I walked into a church and not one lady had makeup on or lipstick so that kicks that idea.

Jewelry can be iffy but I can tell you about a few inspirational items here at Q or you could pay a friend to make Holy Cushions for them to set on. I actually saw that in TJ MAXX- You pose a great question---

Regular Contributor

On 10/8/2014 Hoovermom said:

What about putting small sample size beauty items (Bath and Body Works lip balm, hand lotion, loofah) into a holiday bag, tie a ribbon around it and there you have it?

Sounds good. Will see what other ideas pop up. Thanks a bunch!

Regular Contributor

If you're near a Trader Joe's, they have a wonderful selection of holiday cookies and candies, all festively packaged and very reasonably priced.

Last year, I gave boxes of their salted caramels to some friends and they loved it.

Their Christmas goodies aren't out yet. Right now it's all things pumpkin. I just got one of their 8 oz (big!) jars of Pumpkin Body Butter for $4.99. It smells divine!

They may even give you a discount if you buy in bulk.

Regular Contributor

On 10/8/2014 BOYINTX said:

You might need to take a day off and just go make it fun and start buying. It looks like we need to know if your going to spend 5.00 a head, 50.00 a head or 5000.000 This would help.

I walked into a church and not one lady had makeup on or lipstick so that kicks that idea.

Jewelry can be iffy but I can tell you about a few inspirational items here at Q or you could pay a friend to make Holy Cushions for them to set on. I actually saw that in TJ MAXX- You pose a great question---

I WISH I could take a day off! I am the only one that works the office, and that is almost impossible. As far as cost, I would love to get away with the $5.00. I know this doesn't leave the door open for many options, since we live in such an economical time!! LOL! Thanks!

Honored Contributor

I love a really good hand cream, and unscented (or as near to it as possible) for the purse.

Jose Maran has some purse size ones and so does Loccitane. These would be a little pricey, but come in sets with several in each set.

Cheryl's Cookies has several offers each year with a small tin and several cookies in each.

I also like those little flashlight sets that Q offers this time of year. You usually get 6 in a set and they are nice and bright. I like to have one in the car, and in all areas of the house at reach for when the power goes out.

We love Mrs. Prindable apples too.

It always gets knocked here, but the Poo Pouri is a great item. We all have to use public restrooms or go when at someone's house and it is so nice to have and really works.

Perhaps a nice bookmark from the Christian book store, as each probably uses a Bible.