Occasional Contributor

Need Advice for Scanning Photos

I've decided to take the plunge to organize and scan all of our family photos.  There's thousands of them, I'm sure, as we've all accumulated over the years.  I bought a Pandigital scanner from QVC about 7 years ago.  My question: is there new technology that would justify me purchasing another one?  I feel if I'm going to make the commitment to do this, I want to preserve them in the best way possible.  Any thoughts?  Thank you so much!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need Advice for Scanning Photos

@Annie107, you may get more responses if you post this in the Electronics Forum.  Most of the techies hang out over there.  They are a wonderful bunch of people who share helpful info.

Good luck with your project!  LM

Honored Contributor

Re: Need Advice for Scanning Photos

Pretty much any scanner is the same. If you've got a good digital camera you can even use that to take pictures of your photos and bypass using a scanner. A digital photo of a photo can be done more quickly than using a scanner. If the photos you want digital copies of have a very glossy finish you may have to use a scanner, but you can often get excellent results from a digital camera.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!