Honored Contributor

Re: NEW MATTRESS @The Dump Store

[ Edited ]

@dex wrote:

@Mustang Shar Go into the store and ask for the manager and be loud about your concerns.Maybe they won't like you scaring the other customers and be willing to do something to make you satisfied.maybe they do play a game of bait and switch so try to research it online and see what others are saying .We have news stories like that in our area so see if you can get someone interested in your story...usually whoever is reported on resolves the issue right away.

-----------

Please don't lower yourself to this kind of behavior.  The place is called Dump, the contract specifies no returns so just consider this a lesson learned.  Throwing a tantrum would simply make you look irrational to other shoppers.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@dex wrote:

@Mustang Shar Go into the store and ask for the manager and be loud about your concerns.Maybe they won't like you scaring the other customers and be willing to do something to make you satisfied.maybe they do play a game of bait and switch so try to research it online and see what others are saying .We have news stories like that in our area so see if you can get someone interested in your story...usually whoever is reported on resolves the issue right away.

-----------

Please don't lower yourself to this kind of behavior.  The place is called Dump, the contract specifies no returns so just consider this a lesson learned.  Throwing a tantrum would simply make you look irrational to other shoppers.

@AuntG

Agree with you. I thought about contacting the Chicago news for their Consumer Reporting segments. 

@lolakimono

thanks for that link.

Honored Contributor

@conlt wrote:

I think the name of the store says it all. I am sorry you got a bad deal. I would never buy a cut rate mattress though. Sleeping is to important to me. 

@conlt

And I'd wonder about the possibility of bed bugs.....I would get a mattress only from a trusted store...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with another poster -- go into the store when there are lots of customers. Ask for the manager - or someone with some authority --- and tell them how uncomfortable the mattress is. If the person doesn't acknowledge u -- speak louder and louder. I once did this in a carpet store --- when I had the owner come to my house with carpet samples because I was selling my townhouse. I gave him a $500 deposit - and the next day my realtor told me not to change the carpet - but to give the buyer money in escrow so she could order her own carpet. The owner was not in the store - but a saleswoman was. She was helping a couple select carpet - and I said out loud - "this is how the owner of this store has been treating me when I cancelled the carpet the following day", etc. They walked out. I got a check in the mail very quickly.

You could also go to consumeraffairs.com ---- fill out the form. They do follow up. Keep ur receips and any paperwork, etc . etc. You could also tell the store that you're putting bad reviews on Yelp, and other sites. I'll bet there are a lot of complaints against this company. Any time I want to purchase something, I check out Yelp.com and google the company name. So many scammers out there.

If nothing works - take them to small claims court. 

DUMP the DUMP.

Respected Contributor

We bought a love seat and area rug from them. Haven't had any problems with the quality of the merchandise.