Honored Contributor

Re: Mystique Flameless Tealight Candles - Review

I always buy the button batteries on ebay, much cheaper and mine have always been good.

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Sharing this information for those who asked me to give an update.

I ordered these from Overstock.  If you search for Mystique Flameless you will see them.  They were $21.99 for two, but the price has gone up to $23.99.   I see these sold elsewhere online, but this may still be the lowest price.  The photo is misleading because they are not as short looking as the ones photographed by Overstock:

Mystique Flameless Candle

This is what the ones I received actually look like:

Image 1

The box says Mystique by Boston Warehouse.  Technology by Liown.

The tealights measure 1.5" in diameter.  The plastic tealight itself is 1.25" tall, and overall height is 2" tall up to the flame tip.  They use one CR2450 battery each.

I've had them on timer for 4 nights now.  As far as I can see, they are the same as the Luminara technology.  The movement of the flame is a little faster than a Luminara pillar I have, which I used to compare them side by side.  I took some videos to share, but I have been unable to make them viewable online.

@BornToShop

@snpets

@mallemo

SHOPR, you have to quit spending my money :~)) !  I really want to try these out.  I was so disenchanted with CI's tealight votives, I threw them away.  I will keep watching your updates on the battery life.  Thanks for the info.

Esteemed Contributor

Update:  The factory batteries on my tealights lasted 14 nights on timer.

They are no longer available at Overstock it seems. 

HTH!

@BornToShop

@Marsha2003

Respected Contributor

I guess 16 days must be an average.  I was so excited to get 20 days, but I only tested one candle.  Even 14 days, though, isn't bad for usage in holiday decorating.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marsha2003 wrote:

I guess 16 days must be an average.  I was so excited to get 20 days, but I only tested one candle.  Even 14 days, though, isn't bad for usage in holiday decorating.

I'm ok with it, at least for now, because I've wanted some smaller Luminaras for so long.  I realize that I may grow tired of the battery ordeal, though, since I'm planning to use 2-3 of them year round. 

I read somewhere that coin or button batteries lose their freshness very quickly after they are manufactured.  So, if they have any age on them, I suppose they won't last as long as a newer batch of the same battery.

I have some CR2450s that I bought on Amazon 2-3 years ago, so I will use them in these tealights before buying any new batteries.  I'm not expecting much life from them, but we'll see. 

Valued Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

HTH!

@BornToShop

@Marsha2003

@SHOPR...Thanks for the info. I'm wondering if these are like the Luminara when the batteries need to be changed? Do they flash?

Esteemed Contributor

@mallemo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

HTH!

@BornToShop

@Marsha2003

@SHOPR...Thanks for the info. I'm wondering if these are like the Luminara when the batteries need to be changed? Do they flash?

@mallemo, I noticed, shortly after they came on that last night, that they were sort of blinking softly, which was diferent than the steady-on glow they normally have.  I left for an hour or two, and when I came back home, they were completely off.  So, yes, it was a subtle blinking, but not for very long before they quit altogether. 

Valued Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@mallemo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

HTH!

@BornToShop

@Marsha2003

@mallemo, I noticed, shortly after they came on that last night, that they were sort of blinking softly, which was diferent than the steady-on glow they normally have.  I left for an hour or two, and when I came back home, they were completely off.  So, yes, it was a subtle blinking, but not for very long before they quit altogether. 

@SHOPR...Thank you! Maybe I'll give them a try in the future.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

HTH!

@BornToShop

@Marsha2003

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHOPR,

I just looked and at this moment the tealights are back on Overstock.com.  The current price is $23.99.

I found them by googling Mystique tea light flameless candles, and a link popped up.  On Overstock.com they are not listed as tea lights, just Mystique Flameless Candle.  But once you type that in a page comes up with all the different Mystique Flameless candles, and the tea lights are at the top.  

I would have posted the link but I don't think we're supposed to.

ETA:  Is the color of the flame on the Mystique candles the same as the Luminara? Is it more orange or yellow?  TIA

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CaliKat wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

HTH!

@BornToShop

@Marsha2003

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHOPR,

I just looked and at this moment the tealights are back on Overstock.com.  The current price is $23.99.

I found them by googling Mystique tea light flameless candles, and a link popped up.  On Overstock.com they are not listed as tea lights, just Mystique Flameless Candle.  But once you type that in a page comes up with all the different Mystique Flameless candles, and the tea lights are at the top.  

I would have posted the link but I don't think we're supposed to.

ETA:  Is the color of the flame on the Mystique candles the same as the Luminara? Is it more orange or yellow?  TIA

@CaliKat, I originally found them on Overstock by googling just the words Mystique Flameless.  I felt like I'd found a hidden treasure when they showed up on my search at the originally listed price of $21.99.   

My Mystique tealights' flame colors are exactly the same as my Luminara 360s' flame colors.  I also have some Luminara mercury glass candles that I bought to give as gifts.  The mercury glass Luminaras have a slightly more yellow flame color to them than everything else mentioned above.  Just thought I'd tell you that, not knowing which Luminaras you may own. 

I also bought the taller Mystique votive from Overstock.  I think it is still out of stock, but it looks the same as the ones QVC recently sold.  Its flame color is a bit more white than the rest.  It is not at all a cool white, but definitely whiter than the others mentioned. 

HTH!