Respected Contributor

More problems fro MY PILLOW by the Better Business Bureau- An F rating and more...

Valued Contributor

Re: More problems fro MY PILLOW by the Better Business Bureau- An F rating and more...

[ Edited ]

What product on a commercial isn't a BOGO? They say the second is free for separate shipping and handling.

This guy is making a product in America keeping people employed I say good for him.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: More problems fro MY PILLOW by the Better Business Bureau- An F rating and more...

[ Edited ]

As much as I dislike the MY PILLOW product, it appears he didn't grease the right palms, donate to campaign's and pay to play.

Of all the stuff is sold  and things that are truely dangerous and  inappropriate this seems frivolous.

Esteemed Contributor

How stupid were these clowns? You cannot promote deals that do not exist. I have no sympathy for those who play games in advertising to consumers.

Honored Contributor

I think the BBB has a point.  If the offer is always BOGO then it's not really BOGO.

And I've never seen a My Pillow commercial that wasn't BOGO even though you apparently need to use the code offered.  There is always a BOGO code offered so that's always the price for two pillows. That is misleading advertising.

Trusted Contributor

How many shoe stores advertise always BOGO. Do all of their adds say if not of equal value you pay for the most expensive.  Did they ever get in trouble.   It seems that big business is going after !Ittle business when they appear to entering the competition arena.  Some people do not want the little businesses to succeed.

Our BBB no longer carries the clout it used to.  Hasn't for some time.  Maybe the parent office feels the need to flex their muscles to show power and increase their budget.  IMO

Esteemed Contributor

The man has been selling the My Pillow for years...why all the fuss now..no one is holding a gun to anyones head to purchase...He has kept his company in the USA...which should make people  happy.....I love the My PIllow...I have many many of them all bought off of QVC....I just don't "get" all the controversary...

Honored Contributor

@circles

"I just don't "get" all the controversary..."

The controversary (3 lawsuits) is over the "advertising" practices as well as the "false" claims made by Mike.  NOT in the quality of the pillows.  No complaints there.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

How many shoe stores advertise always BOGO. Do all of their adds say if not of equal value you pay for the most expensive.  Did they ever get in trouble.   It seems that big business is going after !Ittle business when they appear to entering the competition arena.  Some people do not want the little businesses to succeed.

Our BBB no longer carries the clout it used to.  Hasn't for some time.  Maybe the parent office feels the need to flex their muscles to show power and increase their budget.  IMO

@Gram W  I am not aware of any quite frankly.

Respected Contributor

When I bought my pillows, they were not BOGO, so it has not always been the case. This was at least 4 years ago.  By the way,  I hate them.