Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

58,000 of them have sold.  I don't like the style, but can see how others do.

@GCR18  Some of the sets over the years had been nice, but like you, not my style and I do fine them to been to heavy for our trees...even on the lowest branches Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of these ornaments at all, and the colored crystals make them even more unappealing to me.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

SL, I totally agree with your post.  I have a couple cherished Lenox collectibles but the more they produce, the more I feel it diminishes the exclusivity & special appeal.  More is not better in this case IMO.  

Valued Contributor

Re: More Lenox ornaments...

[ Edited ]

I guess they had to do a repeat because last year, they sold too well. I did buy in July, two Lenox Christmas trees because I couldn't decide which one. These are going up on my mantle with all my old and smaller Fenton trees interspersed with greenery. 

Those two trees and a triangle plate I got for my wedding is all I have from Lenox. (There is a big difference in quality from the plate made in USA 33 yrs ago vs. the trees from China).

edited to add this: 

Everything, everywhere I've noticed is on overload. Nothing is unusual or special anymore (like the tsv ornaments).  You see one thing done once or twice, it's very nice, but then it explodes into thousands or even millions of the same thing. I am not talking only about material goods, it is anything, from renaming roads for memorilization (sp?) to movies to menu items. Just my rant for the day....

Frequent Contributor

I'm glad they did another set..  I've been purchasing them for our nieces and enjoy being able to add to a "set" for them over the years.

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

Last year I purchased 3 sets of the Lenox TSV ornaments with the clear jewels, and I love them.  My issue with this year's ornaments is that not only have they left out the clear jewel option (those colored jewels look too big and tacky, IMO), but also, the ornaments themselves aren't very attractive in their designs shapes.  Last year the ornaments were more holiday themed.  This year's shapes, aside from the tree, are kind of non-specific in their theme.  In general, to me, they aren't very elegant.

@PeterDM  I could have written the same thing.  Last year's set with the clear jewels was beautiful.  This year's, that stone was just too gawdy, which made the entire ornament look cheap.  

Regular Contributor

Bed, bath and beyond has all the Lenox Ornaments.

Great prices and with the coupon, even better.

Respected Contributor

Re: More Lenox ornaments...

[ Edited ]

Not sure why, because I've never purchased anything from Lenox, but today's mail brought an entire Lenox  catalog of Christmas dishes and ornaments.  After a quick glance through it, I just took it out to the recycle bin for pickup by the trash collector on Thursday.

Many of the  ornaments are priced from $20 to $40.  I hope, for the sake of the brand, that they sell even half of what's in that catalog, which offers 25 percent off and free shipping for orders over $50.

You have to wonder why the  price for one Annual Butterfly Meadow  ornament (just as an example) is $67, but that price is crossed out and is now $19.95.