Esteemed Contributor

Re: MY ILLUMINATED SNOWMAN CLOCHE BY VALERIE IS OUT FOR DELIVERY. IS YOURS?

I do hope you are able to grab a snowman, lucy.

Honored Contributor

On 9/2/2014 MTH said:
On 9/2/2014 lucymo said:
On 9/2/2014 SHOPR said:

I just noticed this reply, also from FB:

"There were instructions included with your scene under glass. The on position is also the timer position. When you place the switch in the "on" position, the timer will start working."

Is that really what the instructions state? I'm just curious, because that doesn't sound right, based on several replies here, from people who say that theirs actually works properly on Timer position, as one would expect.

It seems a follow-up email to everyone who ordered would be more helpful and less confusing, but by now, I imagine many have already returned theirs.<br />

The "On" is also the timer. I sure didn't see that in mine, wouldn't have helped anyway, ON didn't work. When I sent a message to Valerie about the timer, she didn't mention any instructions. This is getting too weird. I can't even imagine how many are going back. I bet they test them and change the instructions and sell them again. Reckon?

Ok Lucy. You are correct that this is getting weird. I just pulled out my instructions and here is what is says: Step 1 explains putting in the batteries; Step 2 explains assembling the cover properly and Step 3 says "SWITCH TO "ON" WILL LIGHT UP CONSISTENTLY, SWITCH TO "TIMER" WILL WORK AS 4 HOURS ON AND 20 HOURS OFF, SWITCH TO "OFF" WILL BE TURN OFF". No where does it state that the "on" switch functions as a timer. If that were the case, why have an "on" switch and a "timer" switch. Makes no sense.

There would be more credibility if an explanation of what happened was made known and then purchasers could decide if it was an issue for them on their own instead of making them think they can't figure out a simple switch.

That's what mine said, but I don't have it now so I couldn't say exactly how it was worded. I'm waiting for the returns to show up so I can get one. But, SHOPR may be right, they'll go outlets. Nothing about these beautiful cloches would surprise me now.

Honored Contributor

On 9/2/2014 SHOPR said:

I do hope you are able to grab a snowman, lucy.

Thank you.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

Good news MTH and lucymo, my lights came on today with my snowman. Great! At least I don't have to return it even though it is backwards.

I'm not happy with how they are handling (or more correctly, not handling) this issue. They need to be upfront and deal with the problem instead of pretending there isn't one. The fb post is just ridiculous. Why have a timer setting if just putting it on the on setting activates the 4 hr. timer? What if I want it on all day and all night? It's just a ridiculous explanation. Please don't insult our intelligence by saying it's suppose to be that way.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/2/2014 MTH said:
On 9/2/2014 lucymo said:
On 9/2/2014 SHOPR said:

I just noticed this reply, also from FB:

"There were instructions included with your scene under glass. The on position is also the timer position. When you place the switch in the "on" position, the timer will start working."

Is that really what the instructions state? I'm just curious, because that doesn't sound right, based on several replies here, from people who say that theirs actually works properly on Timer position, as one would expect.

It seems a follow-up email to everyone who ordered would be more helpful and less confusing, but by now, I imagine many have already returned theirs.<br />

The "On" is also the timer. I sure didn't see that in mine, wouldn't have helped anyway, ON didn't work. When I sent a message to Valerie about the timer, she didn't mention any instructions. This is getting too weird. I can't even imagine how many are going back. I bet they test them and change the instructions and sell them again. Reckon?

Ok Lucy. You are correct that this is getting weird. I just pulled out my instructions and here is what is says: Step 1 explains putting in the batteries; Step 2 explains assembling the cover properly and Step 3 says "SWITCH TO "ON" WILL LIGHT UP CONSISTENTLY, SWITCH TO "TIMER" WILL WORK AS 4 HOURS ON AND 20 HOURS OFF, SWITCH TO "OFF" WILL BE TURN OFF". No where does it state that the "on" switch functions as a timer. If that were the case, why have an "on" switch and a "timer" switch. Makes no sense.

There would be more credibility if an explanation of what happened was made known and then purchasers could decide if it was an issue for them on their own instead of making them think they can't figure out a simple switch.

This is exactly what my directions said also MTH. On means on all the time, timer means off after so many hours then on the next day. I did notice that my mini GB houses only have a on button so I was concerned that it wasn't on a timer but it does go off and back on the next day but it only has an off and on. These cloches have OFF, ON AND TIMER.

I agree about the credibility too MTH, after all, we didn't just fall off the turnip truck. I think we all have bought enough items with timers to know how to run them and what they are "suppose" to mean

JPC

Trusted Contributor

On 9/2/2014 grandma_2_2 said:

Good news MTH and lucymo, my lights came on today with my snowman. Great! At least I don't have to return it even though it is backwards.

I'm not happy with how they are handling (or more correctly, not handling) this issue. They need to be upfront and deal with the problem instead of pretending there isn't one. The fb post is just ridiculous. Why have a timer setting if just putting it on the on setting activates the 4 hr. timer? What if I want it on all day and all night? It's just a ridiculous explanation. Please don't insult our intelligence by saying it's suppose to be that way.

Welcome to the club grandma_2_2.

I also agree about how they are handling this. Guess they think we would believe anything they told us and don't know up from down or on from timer. I can't believe they said that on facebook.

JPC

Super Contributor

Thanks for the welcome JPC.

Kind of a weird club to be part of due to the circumstances but I'm glad to be a part of. LOL

Honored Contributor

On 9/2/2014 grandma_2_2 said:

Thanks for the welcome JPC.

Kind of a weird club to be part of due to the circumstances but I'm glad to be a part of. LOL

Glad that your's works, even if the settings are backward. Smile I'm just an honorary member of this Weird Backward Club, but I feel comforted by it, nonetheless.