Trusted Contributor

Re: MY ILLUMINATED SNOWMAN CLOCHE BY VALERIE IS OUT FOR DELIVERY. IS YOURS?

On 8/30/2014 DecorDiva said:

Count me in on the backwards club! Both the santa and snowman work this way. I'm testing the angel now. I may suggest to Valerie that she make scenes for the various holidays - I can see one for Thanksgiving and one for spring and summer. I don't know why she couldn't do this - it seems like the base and cloche are a standard item and she mentioned on her show finding the sculptor that did these. I know I could do something myself and probably will...but the older I get the more I want things easy!

That would be great as I'm into easy too. I'm also decor challenged so anything that is done for me is good.

Contributor

Well, I am definitely a member of the backwards club too. Let my snowman cloche run through a couple of cycles and the on and timer are programmed backwards. At least it works.

Valerie and QVC really should send out notices to those that purchased this item that this problem exists. We will see if they do anything about it.

Hope everyone has a nice Labor Day weekend!

Honored Contributor

On 8/30/2014 MTH said:
On 8/30/2014 SHOPR said:
On 8/29/2014 DecorDiva said: <p class="MsoPlainText" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;">Hello ladies! I purchased one of each of the cloches, and so far, the santa and snowman seemed to have the switch reversed. I set both to "On" last night and after 4 hours they both went off. Tonight will tell if they both come back on. I'll also be able to test the angel this weekend. Also, there was some discussion about the cloches sold last year at Costco. The base and cloche was the same, but i don't think the scenes (deer, snowman, and christmas tree) were as nice as Valerie's. I don't know if they lit up either. But the price was lower as well (39.99).

http://costcocouple.com/holiday-cloche/

Thanks so much for the link to the Costco cloches from last year. I really like the base on the deer scene. Too bad we don't have Costco around here.

I have a Costco near me and I will ship if anyone wants them.

I sure would like to order one, maybe two. I hope they bring them back this year. Thanks, MTH and we'll do all the when's and how's when and if they get them in. Snowman & Reindeer, my favorites. Edited to add favorites.

Trusted Contributor

DecorDiva and DogMom....So glad you have joined the ""backwards club"" I can't imagine how many buyers have sent theirs back because the timer didn't work or the ones that put it away till the holidays thinking the lights work and their surprise when the timer doesn't work when they get them back out. I haven't kept track of the members of the backwards club but we had quite a few here that were lucky enough to have read this thread so they didn't have to send them back.

Enjoy your scenes under glass.

JPC

Trusted Contributor

On 8/30/2014 MTH said:
On 8/30/2014 Just Plain Crazy said:
On 8/30/2014 SHOPR said:

JPC...7 minutes...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Finally time SHOPR,

I am now officially a member of the backwards club.!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} It turned back on in the "ON" position. Now hopefully it will do what it is suppose to do from here on in. Didn't think I would wish my life away but today I sure did.

Have a good holiday weekend SHOPR

JPC

Yahoo!!! Now maybe we need a "backward JS club". I'm relieved that the cloches actually work, although I still think it was good that Valerie was made aware of the problem as I'm sure there are many folks who don't come to these forums who just returned the piece. Of course, those of us (Lucy) who might still want one may be able to get one that actually works unbeknownst to the original owner. I agree with JCP that Valerie needs to send out some sort of email or post or something to advise those that purchased this piece to test the "on" position before returning it. So glad you are official JPC.

Hope you enjoy the wedding tonight and try not to overdo it this week with the quilting club. I am going to touch base with the local club and see what they have and what they sell as well. Thanks for the info on your club. Sounds like a great group with a worthy cause. I hope our club is similar.

MTH

Good morning MTH,

I don't think there is any hope for the JS enablers club. We were doomed from the beginning. Hopefully this was a once in a lifetime thing with the backwards club but who knows. I was thinking today how they got them all wired wrong. Must have had bad directions on how to do it. Still shaking my head over that one and the returns the Q must be getting. I too am glad the lucymo made Valerie aware of the problem with these. Was one big s*c*r*e*w up in making these. I am so glad that being backwards was a good thing with these as I really would have hated to send it back

We had a good time at the wedding. It was a beautiful day for it and the bride was simply stunning. A very happy couple.

Good idea to touch base with the quilt club in town on getting a quilt. I do know that the ones you buy in stores etc do not compare to a quilt made by a quilter and not mass produced. Let me know what you find out.

JPC

Super Contributor

Maybe there will be a lot of as is coming soon!

Trusted Contributor

On 8/31/2014 lucymo said:
On 8/30/2014 MTH said:
On 8/30/2014 SHOPR said:
On 8/29/2014 DecorDiva said: <p class="MsoPlainText" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;">Hello ladies! I purchased one of each of the cloches, and so far, the santa and snowman seemed to have the switch reversed. I set both to "On" last night and after 4 hours they both went off. Tonight will tell if they both come back on. I'll also be able to test the angel this weekend. Also, there was some discussion about the cloches sold last year at Costco. The base and cloche was the same, but i don't think the scenes (deer, snowman, and christmas tree) were as nice as Valerie's. I don't know if they lit up either. But the price was lower as well (39.99).

http://costcocouple.com/holiday-cloche/

Thanks so much for the link to the Costco cloches from last year. I really like the base on the deer scene. Too bad we don't have Costco around here.

I have a Costco near me and I will ship if anyone wants them.

I sure would like to order one, maybe two. I hope they bring them back this year. Thanks, MTH and we'll do all the when's and how's when and if they get them in. Snowman & Reindeer, my favorites. Edited to add favorites.

I'm interested in the reindeer too unless they also introduce a Santa. That would be nice too.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/31/2014 Just Plain Crazy said:
On 8/30/2014 MTH said:
On 8/30/2014 SHOPR said:

Finally time SHOPR,

I am now officially a member of the backwards club.!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} It turned back on in the "ON" position. Now hopefully it will do what it is suppose to do from here on in. Didn't think I would wish my life away but today I sure did.

JPC

Yahoo!!! Now maybe we need a "backward JS club". I'm relieved that the cloches actually work, although I still think it was good that Valerie was made aware of the problem as I'm sure there are many folks who don't come to these forums who just returned the piece. Of course, those of us (Lucy) who might still want one may be able to get one that actually works unbeknownst to the original owner. I agree with JCP that Valerie needs to send out some sort of email or post or something to advise those that purchased this piece to test the "on" position before returning it. So glad you are official JPC.

Hope you enjoy the wedding tonight and try not to overdo it this week with the quilting club. I am going to touch base with the local club and see what they have and what they sell as well. Thanks for the info on your club. Sounds like a great group with a worthy cause. I hope our club is similar.

MTH

Good morning MTH,

I don't think there is any hope for the JS enablers club. We were doomed from the beginning. Hopefully this was a once in a lifetime thing with the backwards club but who knows. I was thinking today how they got them all wired wrong. Must have had bad directions on how to do it. Still shaking my head over that one and the returns the Q must be getting. I too am glad the lucymo made Valerie aware of the problem with these. Was one big s*c*r*e*w up in making these. I am so glad that being backwards was a good thing with these as I really would have hated to send it back

We had a good time at the wedding. It was a beautiful day for it and the bride was simply stunning. A very happy couple.

Good idea to touch base with the quilt club in town on getting a quilt. I do know that the ones you buy in stores etc do not compare to a quilt made by a quilter and not mass produced. Let me know what you find out.

JPC

Hi JPC: So glad the wedding was nice. It's always a happy, fun event. This week is our 25th anniversary. Can't believe it went by so fast. Seems like yesterday we were planning our wedding.

I will definitely let you know what I find out from our local quilt club. I cant wait to see what they have. I agree that a hand-made one is much better than anything mass produced so I'm hopeful for some things to look at.

Still working on that cleaning. Got a few more things to do today. Hoping to finish so I can actually relax tomorrow since I have the day off. We'll see how motivated I get as the day goes on.

Have a nice Sunday

MTH

Trusted Contributor

On 8/31/2014 yellowkitty said:

Maybe there will be a lot of as is coming soon!

I would think they would yellowkitty as long as they realize and tell the buyers to us the on mode for the timer. If not then they would get lots of more returns for them being defective. Also if they aren't made aware of it, then they would be selling what they thought was defective merchandise. We'll just have to keep an eye out for them to see what they do with all the returns.

JPC

Trusted Contributor

On 8/31/2014 MTH said:
On 8/31/2014 Just Plain Crazy said:
On 8/30/2014 MTH said:
On 8/30/2014 SHOPR said:

Finally time SHOPR,

JPC

MTH

Good morning MTH,

JPC

Hi JPC: So glad the wedding was nice. It's always a happy, fun event. This week is our 25th anniversary. Can't believe it went by so fast. Seems like yesterday we were planning our wedding.

I will definitely let you know what I find out from our local quilt club. I cant wait to see what they have. I agree that a hand-made one is much better than anything mass produced so I'm hopeful for some things to look at.

Still working on that cleaning. Got a few more things to do today. Hoping to finish so I can actually relax tomorrow since I have the day off. We'll see how motivated I get as the day goes on.

Have a nice Sunday

MTH

Happy Anniversary early MTH. Are you doing anything special for your special day.

Hopefully the quilt club can lead you in the right direction for getting a quilt. You can also get some beautiful hand made quilts at Amish communities and off of websites that sell ones made by the Amish. They do beautiful work. I did have one made by an Amish lady from start to finish, her making the quilt and doing the hand quilting. I had seen one in a shop like the one I wanted by wanted mine done in yellow and blue so ordered one and am very happy with it ( I know strange coming from someone who makes quilts huh.) I will look up one website I have in mind that has all kinds of quilts on it and share it here for you. I just enjoy going into the site and looking at all the beautiful quilts. Some are really high in price but some are reasonable. I always thought they were pricey till I started buying fabric to make one and saw how fast that added up not counting all the time put into them.

You have a good Sunday too MTH and hope you get all done that you need to so you can rest tomorrow. Hopefully I will accomplish more today than I did yesterday but don't count on it.

JPC